• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Smoked Clutch (What should I use)

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There
Coming into work the clutch told me I'm done. Made all sorts of noises / felt loose when I engaged it and a couple little puffs of smoke to boot.

I will bring it in somewhere and get a rental, but, was wondering what I should replace it with. My numbers are 463/463 - what is the best bang for buck set-up when looking @ my numbers.

Thing that pisses me off... Had a couple extra bucks in the pocket for this month and this crap comes up. :rolleyes: Murphys Law I guess. :D

Thx folks.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
I get about 30,000 miles out of a stock clutch (65,000 on the car) and I pound the snot out of it on the road course. Plus its only $250 for disc, plate, and bearing. I'd say thats the best 'bang for the buck.'

M-7560-D46 is the stock 03/04 Cobra clutch/pp/tob

But thats me. I'm weird.

mosconiac

Regular
Jan 5, 2005
I've never heard of a bad experience with a RAM Powergrip HD, which rated up to 650HP. I can't say the same for the DFX. I will be putting the RAM in my '03.

I have two friends with '03s. One has the DFX and one has the RAM. The RAM was easy to drive in traffic and has held up to a ported eaton with a 60 shot at the strip (many passes). The DFX held an ported eaton with 100+ shot at the strip (many passes), but it was a nightmare in traffic. He had to rev his car to 1800-2000 or it would die pulling away from a light. It basically looked like he was doing mini launchs as we drove.

Lou at Laurel Mountain had this to say:
"I have one with a stock aluminum flywheel; pull consistent 1.58's on stock IRS"

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
If you plan on staying with that power, and are not looking to get a real high torque clutch maybe look into a Centerforce Dual Friction. If you will eventually be runinning 550rwtq+ Centerforce DFX, or Spec 3+.

I run the spec 3+ no problems whats so ever, I love the grip, little chatter depending on how much gas I give it. I just went through this about a month and a half ago so I know how you feel. Either clutch you wont go wrong. Good Luck.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info