• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Just curious?

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
Tick TICK TICK

Hi,

I just bought a 2003 Cobra Convert. and it has a tick when it is running. Almost like a sticky valve?? Just saw your thread, is this something I should worry about. It seems to go away at higher RPM's. Car has 40K miles. Thanks.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
If your car is a mid 04, then it probably has the 9 thread spark plug holes/revised passages.

The LDC mod wont in itself prevent the tick. It is designed to keep the driver side head at a more comparable and more stable temperature in reference to the passenger head. IMO the only real "cure" for the tick is bronze valve guides.

Lyle,

Was told by VT that bronze valve guides wear out a lot faster and to stay away from them :rolleyes:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Hi,

I just bought a 2003 Cobra Convert. and it has a tick when it is running. Almost like a sticky valve?? Just saw your thread, is this something I should worry about. It seems to go away at higher RPM's. Car has 40K miles. Thanks.

Yea sad to say you might have it. I would have to hear your car to b sure. But if you just bought it, you need to take it back to that car lot and tell them about it. There were some forms of recalls mostly the 03's they replace the whole head with a revised one. Lyle would know more about this than I.

Use the search link and just tipe in "TICK" and a lot of info will come up on this. http://www.mustangforums.com/m_650667/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#650667 Here is something to get you started.......lots more info on Yahoo just type in 03 cobra TICK......If you can post up a sound clip of your car idling then everyone on here can hear and tell ya 4 sure.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info