• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dang towing companies!!!

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Don't know if this is the right forum to post but I have to blow some steam!:mad: I went out last night for Sushi in Chicago (North side) and I parked in a parking lot that had a very very small sign that said no parking (which I didnt see until later). Well I enjoyed my dang sushi but when I came out my 03 cobra had been towed. $170 bucks later and dealing with a major @$$ I got my car back. The guy said no parking in that lot. I said where is the F#*@ sign:argue:? He said its on the pole. So when I went back to look the damn sign was 15 feet up on the damn pole... there is no way in hell I would of ever seen it. Oh well Im the fool. Note to self look like crazy to see if there is any sign and pay for valet parking if its available. I hope this doesnt happen to any of you.

AHHHHH thanks I fell much better.

It could have been worse....the car could have been stolen.

Curt

Regular
Sep 23, 2007
Towing

Illinois Commerce Commision Regulates the counties of Cook, Kane, Dupage and Will. Patrons who park on private property must be notified that they are eligible to be towed if they park illegally. Signs must be at all entrances, they must be a minumum 36" in length and width and list the towing company, address, hours of operation (if not 24), and phone number. Vehicles can be claimed by producing any form of identification and ignition key to vehicle.

So in other words, if you park somewhere and your car is towed by a company who is not licensed with the icc, and/or there are no signs posted at the entrance of the property they can not tow your car within these counties. This is how Illinois deciphers between a vehicle being towed, or stolen.

So by parking on private property when there is a sign posted that meets the criteria above, you are granting the towing company authority to tow you vehicle.

jvert

Go Bulls and Cubs
Jul 27, 2006
Illinois Commerce Commision Regulates the counties of Cook, Kane, Dupage and Will. Patrons who park on private property must be notified that they are eligible to be towed if they park illegally. Signs must be at all entrances, they must be a minumum 36" in length and width and list the towing company, address, hours of operation (if not 24), and phone number. Vehicles can be claimed by producing any form of identification and ignition key to vehicle.

So in other words, if you park somewhere and your car is towed by a company who is not licensed with the icc, and/or there are no signs posted at the entrance of the property they can not tow your car within these counties. This is how Illinois deciphers between a vehicle being towed, or stolen.

So by parking on private property when there is a sign posted that meets the criteria above, you are granting the towing company authority to tow you vehicle.

Thanks buddy. Im going to check it out again.

y2k4cobra

04 Screaming Yellow Cobra
Jun 13, 2007
I had one of my car towed on Ontario St. right by the hard rock cafe in front of Mc Donalds. I guess it turns into a tow zone at 6pm, the funny thing is that my car was gone at 5:52pm and they were hooking up the car behind me and ripped the front end off this 98 cutlass. I was a little heated and almost lost it on the tow guy. I have a story on this that could last 1 hour, but I wont.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info