• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

fiore

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
dumb question, i never had a firewall adjuster, is there suposed to be any play there (at the firewall) or should it be taught?

According to Dan, 1/8" is the correct amount of freeplay. That's how mine is set and it's always worked well for me. I'm not sure if the stock set up should also have the 1/8" but as mentioned above, you should have an aftermarket adjuster. They help a lot.

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
mine doesnt really work well at all. i have slack at the firewall although i think my stock cable is stretched out.

you can hear the quadrant bangin against the pedal from the slack in the cable.

then again mine is a 94 but it shouldnt make a difference. i think i am going to sell mine and get the stock stuff back or just get the maximum motorsports piece.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Slash... here is what I do to any adjuster:

- car off, in neutral, parking brake one
- screw it all the way in so the cable is totally loose
- tug on it a few times... the cable, not your other toy...
- get in the car and push the clutch pedal down and out a few times to get any slop out of cable
- unscrew out until it touches cable, should be a 1/8" play as Cliff said.
- start car up and go for a spin!

;)

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Slash... here is what I do to any adjuster:

- car off, in neutral, parking brake one
- screw it all the way in so the cable is totally loose
- tug on it a few times... the cable, not your other toy...
- get in the car and push the clutch pedal down and out a few times to get any slop out of cable
- unscrew out until it touches cable, should be a 1/8" play as Cliff said.
- start car up and go for a spin!

;)

Thats a good break down on adjusting it Im gonna try that I never had the car in Neutral before.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
mine doesnt really work well at all. i have slack at the firewall although i think my stock cable is stretched out.

you can hear the quadrant bangin against the pedal from the slack in the cable.

then again mine is a 94 but it shouldnt make a difference. i think i am going to sell mine and get the stock stuff back or just get the maximum motorsports piece.

Don't reinstall the factory junk. You will never be able to adjust it right.
Get a freeplay kit from LDC. That should help with the slop in the cable and the looseness you feel. A stretched cable should not really matter that much, but a new Ford cable is the way to go if you are replacing it.

Dan

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
Don't reinstall the factory junk. You will never be able to adjust it right.
Get a freeplay kit from LDC. That should help with the slop in the cable and the looseness you feel. A stretched cable should not really matter that much, but a new Ford cable is the way to go if you are replacing it.

Dan

cool. i'll check that out. i'm assuming it will work even though i have a 94..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info