• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

all this ported SC talk got me thinking...

I know a lot of people are doing this mod as it is a cheap way to
gain some more horse, but from what I have seen and heard by a lot of respectable members on SVTperfomance.com, porting your stock eaton loses a lot of bottom end (torque more specifically), and like i said this is just from what I have seen.. but i guess what i'm trying to get at here is if this mod actually makes you lose bottom end, why spend the 300-400 and why not save it for a different SC?

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
From what I have read....Porting the stock blower will prouduce about #35 hp...which I think is over esgerated based on how all modifications seem to be overexgerated.....

Also I read it doesnt not decrease low end torque. The moderator Fade to Black is gonna port and polish mine for $250.00 so...it's kinda cheap

I am gonna do that over the winter and install the shifter upgrade.

What other mods does your L have? have you dynoed it?

I have a bunch of mods sitting in my parent's garage right now as they won't fit in my apartment, I'm just waiting for DID to respond to me about when I can leave the truck with them for a couple days, but I got a full bassani exhaust, 6lb lower, idle kit, plugs, MAP, Mafia, Xcab2, 2.8 upper. The reason why I'm curious is because I want to port my eaton to get the whole benefit from my long tube headers...

HeavyG

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 3, 2007
I have a bunch of mods sitting in my parent's garage right now as they won't fit in my apartment, I'm just waiting for DID to respond to me about when I can leave the truck with them for a couple days, but I got a full bassani exhaust, 6lb lower, idle kit, plugs, MAP, Mafia, Xcab2, 2.8 upper. The reason why I'm curious is because I want to port my eaton to get the whole benefit from my long tube headers...

I would do most of those mods myself as they are gonna charge a Arm and Leg....like you can do the Plugs...Map...All pullys...just leave the headers and some of the exhause for them....but to each his own :headbang:

Yeah I would be itching to modify my L if I had all those parts sitting....

Jul 7, 2006

You're gonna love the mods bro especially with the ported eaton! The port was the next thing to be done on my L until I sold her... But I had the mods mentioned above + a few. GL and sweet truck! :biggthump

8urSRT

Regular
Aug 31, 2006
our trucks can afford to lose some low end torque..

especially when there dogs upstairs on the top end.

i had mine done from lfp for 300bucks and say as long as you have a min of 14lbs boost you will notice a gain.. any less boost and the truck will be slower.

they said stegmeier was a waste of money and had alot of customers complain about loss of power. they dont advertise porting but if you ask they do it and do a very nice job.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info