• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Many Questions Regarding Head Studs.

Zack

4 Doors 4 Life
Mar 21, 2004
NW Indiana
I want to know what the proper torque value is for 4V Modular Head studs.
Seems like if you talk to 10 people, you get 10 different answers?

Is there a proper sequence?

Do I torque 1 value, then another, then its final value?

After Its properly torqued, I hear some people say to loosen and redo and this eliminates having to retorque them after the engine has been run in the car?

Please share any and all knowledge you guys have. ;)

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
Head studs themselves dont need to be torqued in sequence. You just turn them in until they bottom out or as far as you can but make sure there all the same height so that when you put the heads on you have enough thread to get your nut on. When your putting the heads on of course you always torque in sequence. I forget what I normally torque ARP head stud nuts to head too. I have it written down on my mod motor build sheet I made at home. I'm sure someone else knows if not I'll tell you when I get home

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Zack
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list