• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Does anyone have an answer to this?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Ok, so maybe some of you experienced this before, but I run a 17# pulley on my KB, and a 19# pulley w a race gas tune. The problem Im having is that I only see 15#'s of boost on the 3.0 pulley and about 17.5 to 18 psi on the 2.8 pulley.

Now I took it out last night and messed around with it a little in the cool weather it definetly runs good, but I just cant seem to get past that 15psi mark. 1PSI loss is ok but 2 is too much. What do you guys think do I need a different intake like a JLT? There is no belt slip on the 3.0 pulley and a little on the 2.8 due to it being so small. Should I go to a 2# lower will this help?

I have seen the boost jump up the last 600-700 RPM but I have to keep my eyes on the road so I cant always look at the boost gauge. When does the boost usually max out? I also dont have boost drop off wich is good. I just wanna figure this out because there is more power in my car I just have to get it to 17Psi. I also run the Reichard Racing pulleys maybe this is the problem I never did like them.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Ok, so maybe some of you experienced this before, but I run a 17# pulley on my KB, and a 19# pulley w a race gas tune. The problem Im having is that I only see 15#'s of boost on the 3.0 pulley and about 17.5 to 18 psi on the 2.8 pulley.

Now I took it out last night and messed around with it a little in the cool weather it definetly runs good, but I just cant seem to get past that 15psi mark. 1PSI loss is ok but 2 is too much. What do you guys think do I need a different intake like a JLT? There is no belt slip on the 3.0 pulley and a little on the 2.8 due to it being so small. Should I go to a 2# lower will this help?

I have seen the boost jump up the last 600-700 RPM but I have to keep my eyes on the road so I cant always look at the boost gauge. When does the boost usually max out? I also dont have boost drop off wich is good. I just wanna figure this out because there is more power in my car I just have to get it to 17Psi. I also run the Reichard Racing pulleys maybe this is the problem I never did like them.

100 % belt slip, 3.0 upper only will slip a ton! :eek:..... Get a lower setup. It should fix it.

Remember, your spining that thing at like 10,000 RPM or so...theirs gonna be slip with that small upper...

I'm running 3.4 upper/4 # lower (25 psi pulley combo) but I only see 23-24 due to cams/long tubes.

Bigger upper/Bigger lowers = no slip

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
100 % belt slip, 3.0 upper only will slip a ton! :eek:..... Get a lower setup. It should fix it.

Remember, your spining that thing at like 10,000 RPM or so...theirs gonna be slip with that small upper...

I'm running 3.4 upper/4 # lower (25 psi pulley combo) but I only see 23-24 due to cams/long tubes.

Bigger upper/Bigger lowers = no slip

I see, it looks like its time for a metco lower. Now if I change the lower and I still run the same amount of boost I dont have to get a retune right? It shouldnt matter of the pulley combo as long as Im running the same boost that my tune is for. Now you also run the 2.8H right If I get the 4# lower wich upper pulleys do I need for 21psi and 17psi? I have the 2.2l.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info