• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

2.8H, GT Pumps, Dual FPDM, Modded Top Hat, 8 AN line - Installed *PICS*

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Finally got the new setup finished up. I installed the 2.8H, Dual FPDM, Dual FPDM harness, Modded top hat w/ lines.

The KB was no problem, had to make a couple changes from my old 2.2 but nothing crazy. I'm amazed how much further this thing sets up from the 2.2!

The fuel system on the other hand was the hardest part!

I started off with a Mallory 3160 fuel filter. First tasked was to find a spot to mount it w/ the IRS. Some how it fits PERFECTLY in the stock location. I have pictures below on it. The only down side to this is, I have to drop down the IRS to service the fuel filter. Which isn't too bad I guess, drop down the exhaust then the the rear IRS bolts and im right their.

Then I was off to the Top hat. Ended up cutting off the nipple off the stock hat and reusing it on to make the other outlet. Cut the nipple off flush with the hat. Drilled a sec. hole for the other outlet, then just reused the stock nipple. Then I cut two 6 an fittings in half, and TIG welded everything up! I also cut another hole oppsite to the outlets for the wire feeds for the pumps. I use a fuel tank repair kit to seal the wires from gas leaking out. The stuff doesn't look pretty but she won't leak!

For the fuel line I used Aeroquip teflon hose. I used two 20 inch length hose (6 an) from the top hat to the fuel filter. I wanted to keep this as tight as possible with the IRS. Then I had a 13 foot line of 8 an line from the fuel filter to the rails. I followed all the stock routeing however I think I may change this in a couple months. I thought it was a little close to the drive shaft for my likeing.

The dual FPDM/harness was next. I made up my own harness maybe had $150 into it, I think the thing turned out pretty good, however I think I got carried away on the length of the wires. I mounted both of the FPDM one right above the other.

Here are the results after a week of work!

Picture308.jpg

Picture309.jpg

Picture310.jpg

Picture351.jpg

Picture352.jpg

Picture304.jpg

Picture305.jpg

Picture329.jpg

Picture328.jpg

Picture335.jpg

Picture332.jpg

Picture334.jpg

Picture339.jpg

Picture340.jpg

Picture358.jpg

Picture359.jpg

Picture363.jpg

Picture377.jpg

Picture341.jpg

Picture380.jpg

Picture379.jpg

Picture378.jpg

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Looking kick ass! Good clean work, can't wait to see it run... ;)

Thank you! I would show my face at Byron tomrrow but as usually I have some side work :(

very nice work kevin!

the welds look pretty good :biggthump

man is your car a beast!

I'm not gonna lie, im not THAT good of a welder. A guy I used to work with TIG welded it for me, only cost me a 4 pack of Monster :p

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
looking good Kev, unfortunately mine will be going up for sale very shortly. Financial crisis has spawned its head and its one of two ways out.

Sorry to hear that. Your ride is pretty sweet! I still want that ride! :D

Nice work!!
No one realizes how difficult that was unless they have already done it.

Dan

Thanks for all the info BTW!

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
Wow Kevin, great job. That thing better hit 700rwhp. Looks like my little vortech C6 is not gonna be enough. :biggthump Cant wait to see this thing in action. With any luck, I can get my blower installed and tuned within the next few weeks and we can get these things out there for a few season closing runs. Again, great job. Now you will be able to give a few unsuspecting literbikes a run for their money.

:headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info