• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

battery relocation kit

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
i am looking to get a taylor battery relocation kit.

i was looking at them on summit and noticed you can get either 1 or 2 gauge wire. which one do i get?

anyone running one? what company made the kit, how hard was the install?

thanks dudes

No first hand knowledge of the install, however, 1 gauge wire (Odd size, for the record) is larger than 2 gauge. The larger wire will move more juice when you need it, so I'd go with the bigger wire.

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I've got a Taylor battery relocation kit, it came with the 1 guage positive wire. For the install you'll need to either run it under the car along the frame rail or under the carpet and seats and punch through the firewall. I did the later since my car is so low and with the RSD I didn't have much to run under wise in the interior.

You need to tie it into the rear subframe, on my car I was lucky there was already a hole through the trunk floor and frame rail for one side so I only needed to drill one more. The install takes a few hours, it's very easy just tedious since you need to move the positive wire up to the front of the car.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info