• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

got a ????

lightning0003

Regular
May 29, 2004
If this thread is in the wrong place I apologize. I started a thread asking at svtp about nloc and they deleted the thread not trying to start a war or anything. my question is the nloc.com site down or something I tried it with .net and .org and nothing is the site down or something can't get on it anymore its been a while since I was last on but was wondering if I was banned or something or site down. Help is appreciated.

lightning0003

Regular
May 29, 2004
I tryed them all appreciate your help would either of you guys know how to contact a admin or mod over to find out what I have to do seems like the only car site I am having trouble with. Trying to get another lightning and they are the best place I've seen for classifieds on them.

sold my 03 two years ago and am regretting it big time.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
2 seconds of searching on NLOC -
<snip>
You must have a VALID, Non-AOL, email address!
We have made all users without a email address in their profile, unable to post until you provide a email address. This mainly applies to all AOL users that had their email addresses removed a few weeks ago. Many have not taken the time to enter a VALID, non-AOL address. You must go to your user CP and enter a valid non-AOL email address. If you attempt to enter a AOL address, a "Banned" error message will appear! An email confirmation message will be sent to the new address, and you MUST click the reply line or you will not be able to post. If you do not see the confirmation message at the new email address, check the Spam folder and allow mail from NLOC.net...the system does send the message to your address.

WHY WE HAVE BANNED AOL EMAIL ADDRESSES!
AOL is the problem, not us. AOL has listed the NLOC as a Spammer because of our forum automatic email (thread subscriptions, pm notifications, email for other board users, etc.). When AOL lists us as a spammer and bounces all of the email going to AOL addresses, we get hundreds of emails bounce returns per day and the board user does not get the mail destined for their acccount.

We have contacted AOL and tried to resolve the problem multiple times, and they chose to continue to change our status each time. This not only the NLOC forum's problem, but many other large forums are experiencing the same trouble, and taking the same steps to no longer allow AOL email forum addresses.

We have suggested Yahoo, Gmail and Hotmail, as just a few of the services that offer free email and do not automatically classify large forums as Spammers.

Thanks,

...Dwight...

<snip>

lightning0003

Regular
May 29, 2004
never had a aol account used a hotmail forgot the password for the hotmail account started a new account. Tried the cookies thing didn't work I do appreciate all your help I am going to send bigd a email.

thank you again for you help I will get in there someday. And be able to get another damn lightning to.

did you try autotrader.com? they have a few on there and that's where I got my 2000 from... just a suggestion, whatever you do, don't buy the silver 2000 from Grossinger.. took it for a test drive, looks and sounds like it has a really bad tune on it so I'm not believing everything the dealer told me...a bout how its got 500 hp and how it has msd ignition control.... the A/F was really off on it, but thats just my 2 cents..

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info