• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lower pulley.. Pro's and Con's..

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
what type of expenses are you guys talkin about? i know the pulley itself is like 200+ or so but its possible to install on ur own right? only thing i dont like is running around with that new pulley and not having a tune instantly on it. i plan on doing it next summer along with a good tune and be done with my car til she is paid off but im just tryin to get good numbers on prices and work before i get started on it

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
what type of expenses are you guys talkin about? i know the pulley itself is like 200+ or so but its possible to install on ur own right? only thing i dont like is running around with that new pulley and not having a tune instantly on it. i plan on doing it next summer along with a good tune and be done with my car til she is paid off but im just tryin to get good numbers on prices and work before i get started on it

you can defiantly install it your self. i did mine myself and had absolutly no experience doing them. yea it took a while, but the install went as planned.

i drove on a 2.93/4# for a few weeks before getting my tune. i just never got on it once. i say it is safe to drive as long as you dont exceed the stock boost levels... so just drive the car VERY easy, no boost.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
you can defiantly install it your self. i did mine myself and had absolutly no experience doing them. yea it took a while, but the install went as planned.

i drove on a 2.93/4# for a few weeks before getting my tune. i just never got on it once. i say it is safe to drive as long as you dont exceed the stock boost levels... so just drive the car VERY easy, no boost.

So would a 2.76 upper + lower be good or just leave it.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
Instead of adding more power, buy some supporting and suspension mods that you car may be lacking...

Support - head exchanger / Level 5 half shafts / drive shaft safety loop / sub frame connectors / etc.

Suspension - springs / adjustable shocks struts / bushings to reduce wheel hop / etc.

Dave

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info