• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Couple issues i am having..

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Well, i have been running into a couple of problems.

a) On start up, I have to keep cranking it until it finally catches and start

b) when reaching the higher points in the RPM band it seems to more or less "fall on it's face" so to speak.

c) The car somewhat tends to die while driving for no apparent reason.

d) The car will idle @ 1500rpm and if i push the brake really hard it will go down to 800. If i let go of the brake it will rush back up to around 1500.

I have talked to victor (flatliner) and he seems to think it's the plugs. (which i will end up changing) but just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

Oct 5, 2006
Well, i have been running into a couple of problems.

a) On start up, I have to keep cranking it until it finally catches and start

b) when reaching the higher points in the RPM band it seems to more or less "fall on it's face" so to speak.

c) The car somewhat tends to die while driving for no apparent reason.

I have talked to victor (flatliner) and he seems to think it's the plugs. (which i will end up changing) but just wanted to see what everyone else thought.

What modifications have been done to your vehicle? Was it running ok and then just started happening or did you modify something and then it started having issues?

After changing the plugs, if you have a handheld tuner you can datalog fuel pressure and see if it's dropping at WOT which could mean clogged fuel filter.

If neither of those are the issue I'd be willing to give you a free pull on the dyno. We'd be able to see if it's a fuel issue or an ignition issue pretty quickly. :headbang:

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
That's the funniest thing I've come out of your mouth...

You'll cry :crying: like a little girl and sell your car when I'm done with you :clap:

Seriously, it takes a few minutes to change your plugs. Try not driving all over the state of Illinois one day and get-r-done.

:lmao:

so what are we waiting for.. Let's do it.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Sounds good. I'm gonna be laying low key around the house all week getting my car ready anyways. I need to stop spending so much money going out :alcoholic:

I just checked the weather lower 70s today tomorrow and weds. This time I wont sweat my balls off.

LOL, that day sucked.. it was hot as balls out!!

That's cool. Maybe if you need it i can lend a hand with your car.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I had this problem once in my 96 Trans Am, it turned out to be my fuel pump. So I got that changed along with the filter. Everytime I use to go WOT the RPM's would hang and then the car would fall on its face. It shut off on me a couple of times too. How many miles do you have on the car?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Fuel/Spark/Air.

Change the plugs. Check/change the air filter. Change the fuel filter. If these things don't work, dig deeper. Tune/fuel pump, etc.

Uh, actually, I said this... not just the plugs. Unplug that wax in your ears too.

...Stop posting and work on your car!!!:argue:

Agreed...:p

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info