• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Predator or Xcal?

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
whatever your tuner uses... I use both so i guess it would depend on price!

That's the thing Bob. I have a Predator tuner already but the tuner I am having my car tuned is using SCT only. I wanted to have my car tuned by you but you are 4hrs away:mad: There is a tuner in Milwaukee highly recomended by others in my area.
I guess there are no Pro's using one, handheld tuners that is, or another?
I guess I will make some time if it allows to bring it to you Bob.

Thanks for the reply!

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
im assuming you are talking about Marv..

I was just in milwaukee at a dyno day 2 weeks ago.. I am only 1.5hrs from there (just south of beloit, WI)... its an easy drive right down I43 to I90... 5 miles south of the IL/WI border.. There is a chance i will be coming back up there in a month or so for another dyno day. There are a few peeps on MMA that want to do another dyno day!

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I am taking my car dyno tuned in a couple of weeks now I have to decided between the two.
What would you recomend? Pro and Cons.

Thanks!

They both do the trick, I run the Xcal 2. The Predator is pretty mcch the same, from what I saw on it, it had a couple more features I think the backlight lights up also wich is nice in the dark, the Xcal does not.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
The current XCal2 is a better Flash Tuner than the current Predator IMO. I sold my Predator for an XCal2 some time ago for a few reasons (flash speed, datalogging, tune uploading consistency, etc.), although both will do the basic job of getting a custom tune into your car.

That said, the tune is the most important part of making these cars run good and stay alive. 4 hours to have Bob tune it is time/money well spent in my opinion. Think about all the fun you can have on your 4 hour trip home after the tune. :)

Sep 17, 2005
They both do the trick, I run the Xcal 2. The Predator is pretty mcch the same, from what I saw on it, it had a couple more features I think the backlight lights up also wich is nice in the dark, the Xcal does not.

agreed. the backlight is nice. the xcal 2 does seem cheap by comparison. i have both. i'd say they are about the same. but it does seem like the people with teh fastest cars use SCT.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
The current XCal2 is a better Flash Tuner than the current Predator IMO. I sold my Predator for an XCal2 some time ago for a few reasons (flash speed, datalogging, tune uploading consistency, etc.), although both will do the basic job of getting a custom tune into your car.

That said, the tune is the most important part of making these cars run good and stay alive. 4 hours to have Bob tune it is time/money well spent in my opinion. Think about all the fun you can have on your 4 hour trip home after the tune. :)

Hey Larry, do you know much about the livewire and how it compares to the XCal2?

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
i dont think im 4hrs away... maybe 4 hrs round trip...

as far as the livewire vs the xcal2, do yourself and save your money and get the xcal2... the livewires features require additional sensors costing up to an additional $500... IE: The boost display requires a map sensor and the a/f display require the purchase of a standalone wideband with a 0-5v output.. Diablosport has a new handheld coming out called the Trinity.. now that will be a BAD MFER!

Sep 17, 2005
i dont think im 4hrs away... maybe 4 hrs round trip...

as far as the livewire vs the xcal2, do yourself and save your money and get the xcal2... the livewires features require additional sensors costing up to an additional $500... IE: The boost display requires a map sensor and the a/f display require the purchase of a standalone wideband with a 0-5v output.. Diablosport has a new handheld coming out called the Trinity.. now that will be a BAD MFER!

bob, do you know when the trinity is coming out? and are you going ot be tuning with this as well?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info