• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

10 sec 1/4mil on 370hp

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Suspension out the ass, there have been stories of bolt on GT's running 12's with alot of suspension work.

theres a yellow one that does that, its always at RSD's.

theres a good thread on corral about getting low et's with low power out of these cars. talks about mostly getting your power to weight ratio down and you will get awesome et's with little power

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
I was reading a thread in regards to a NA Corbra stock bottom end @ 370hp running 10's.
How is tht done? Besides gutting the whole car out:dunno:

Theres a guy that doesnt frequent this site often, but i met him at byron one day. Runs 11.6s with a stock longblock cobra. Serious suspension work and he shifts like none other. I believe he said his car was similar to MM&FFs superfly.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
Is that the sn95 cobra with fr500 cams?

No he is talking about Danny Russo's 98 Cobra. It's a bone stock long block with a PHP ported short runner intake and bolt ons. I think the car dyno'd aroud 315 RWHP. Danny can rip a gear like no other. It normally runs high 11's, but in good air has gone 11.6x a few times.

The car that the thread started on is JIMS SVT on Corral. I beleive another black 98 cobra. The car weights 2900ish with the driver, so it isn't SUPER light, but light none the less. I think he went 11.4 or a little quicker on a completely stock long block. The 10.7s came after he ported the heads and went with a set of custom cams. It is still the stock shortblock though. He was running a dog ring T5 trans behind that.

I personally went 11.9x in my cobra w/ a stock long block with bolt ons. Getting there isn't impossible. However, 10's is a challenge.

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
No he is talking about Danny Russo's 98 Cobra. It's a bone stock long block with a PHP ported short runner intake and bolt ons. I think the car dyno'd aroud 315 RWHP. Danny can rip a gear like no other. It normally runs high 11's, but in good air has gone 11.6x a few times.

The car that the thread started on is JIMS SVT on Corral. I beleive another black 98 cobra. The car weights 2900ish with the driver, so it isn't SUPER light, but light none the less. I think he went 11.4 or a little quicker on a completely stock long block. The 10.7s came after he ported the heads and went with a set of custom cams. It is still the stock shortblock though. He was running a dog ring T5 trans behind that.

I personally went 11.9x in my cobra w/ a stock long block with bolt ons. Getting there isn't impossible. However, 10's is a challenge.

Your right man. The article I was reading was about JIMS SVT! Iguess he has a turbo on now.
I just think its incredible how cars can fly down the 1320 w/ only300plus horsepower.
I guess If my car was only a drag purpose car I wouldn't mind slappin some 4.7Xgears and stripping down the whole thing.

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
I guess If my car was only a drag purpose car I wouldn't mind slappin some 4.7Xgears and stripping down the whole thing.

It's not though, he drives it all over town. I mean it's not a daily driver by any means, but not a track only car. I think he still ran 4.56's like I did or possibly 4.88s. Neither are not streetable.

You are correct he went turbo now. He broke the T5 this spring and has been swiching over to a C4 automatic the last time I spoke w/ him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info