• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

MGW shifter

Aug 25, 2007
Well, my new shifter arrived. After reading the instruction manuel, I noticed countless warnings about shift stops. The guide even goes on to say that Tremec doesn't recommend installing the stops; due to the fact the T-56 has internal stops in place. I'm sure many of you are aware of this, and I was hoping some of you guys could point me in the right direction. Install them or not? I want my transmission to last as long as possible. So what do you guys suggest? Thanks.

Jason

Its in!!!!

Today I installed the shifter, and man was that thing a good buy! Sooooooooooooo much better than the stock one. Was really easy to do as well; stock shifter practically fell off once I took out the 4 13mm bolts. Took it for a test drive and everything seemed ok. Thanks again guys for the input. Next is the IRS brace!

Jason :D:D:D

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
The IRS brace from BilletFlow is important for keeping the differential cover in one piece. I blew a hole in my cover years ago, put Doug's brace on and haven't had a repeat.

It's MJ's brace, not Doug's brace. Maybe he may make it for MJ, and the copy cat RIPOFF is from Steeda who stole the idea and is producing something similar.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info