• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Those w/ slicks.. In here

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I am picking up victors Rim Size: 16x10" Backspace: 6" Bolt Pattern: 4.5" rims.

I wanted to know what would be the best "slick" for the track. These rims/tires are going to be used for track only ventures.

Post up with worked for you..

60" etc help too.
The 26x11.50x16 ET Streets are really nice on those rims....1.53 best for me, I still run them.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
^ I use those obviously, but remember Jason mentioning something about the stiff wall hoosiers. I have noticed some swaying top end on the MT streets... makes for a fun ride.

I see MT offers:

MT DRAG- I'm guessing bias ply
MT DRAG RADIAL- I'm guessing same tire, but radial...
MT STREETES- bias ply and what we are using currently.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I run screwed Hoosier Siff Sidewall slicks 28" x 10.5" x 15"
10-11 PSI cold, 6K launch and hold the fudge on! 60's are usually mid 1.4's

Car hooks and goes, once I shift 3rd I could steer with my knees or fall asleep......no swaying at all:D

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I run screwed Hoosier Siff Sidewall slicks 28" x 10.5" x 15"
IMO the 28 inch tall slicks will hurt him unless he changes gears. The ET Streets usually don't sway on the top end, at least they don't on my car.

Mikey, you need to determine how "radical" you want to get for the track. Obviously slicks are best, but I didn't think anybody made them in anything close to the diameter of the stock tire for a 16 inch rim. :dunno: While a taller tire may hook, you need to weigh that against what the ultimate effect will be on your ET, with stock gears. You might want to borrow a set for a pass or two before committing to a much taller tire.

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
IMO the 28 inch tall slicks will hurt him unless he changes gears. The ET Streets usually don't sway on the top end, at least they don't on my car.

Mikey, you need to determine how "radical" you want to get for the track. Obviously slicks are best, but I didn't think anybody made them in anything close to the diameter of the stock tire for a 16 inch rim. :dunno: While a taller tire may hook, you need to weigh that against what the ultimate effect will be on your ET, with stock gears. You might want to borrow a set for a pass or two before committing to a much taller tire.

If anyone is willing to let me borrow a set for a run or two then i am down.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004

I agree 100%, I wasnt suggesting 28"s for him, I was just letting him know what I run.

26" for him. I dont think 28"s are needed until youve got a twin screw or an Eaton/spray combo with big TQ.

Finding a 26" slick for a 16" is going to be a challenge, so it may have to be an ET Street FTMFW!!!!!!!!

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I agree 100%, I wasnt suggesting 28"s for him, I was just letting him know what I run.

26" for him. I dont think 28"s are needed until youve got a twin screw or an Eaton/spray combo with big TQ.

Finding a 26" slick for a 16" is going to be a challenge, so it may have to be an ET Street FTMFW!!!!!!!!
And any suggestions you make need to come with a disclaimer:

"suggested modifications may result in damaged, broken, or destroyed rear-end parts and first name familiarity with your AAA representative". :lmao:

Mr. "rear end killa". ;)

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
And any suggestions you make need to come with a disclaimer:

"suggested modifications may result in damaged, broken, or destroyed rear-end parts and first name familiarity with your AAA representative". :lmao:

Mr. "rear end killa". ;)

:clap::headbang::lmao::headbang::cool::lmao:

yeah, youre right, "Mikey just bolt on some 30" slicks, rev it to 7K, and drop the hammer!!! your stock rear end will be fine"

suggested modifications may result in damaged, broken, or destroyed rear-end parts and first name familiarity with your AAA representative

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
Hoosier is the only one that makes a true slick for a 16" rim, but im my experience the ET streets will work just as well for your setup.

I agree with everyone else that you don't wanna go to a 28" unless you increase the gear.

I will also add that it won't take long for launching on slicks to burn up your clutch. :headbang:

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
If IRS and don't want to grind you can use the following:

- 16x10 Diamond Racing Rims 6" BS, 4.5" BP, with a 26" slick or ET street, can use a 11.5 MT ET STREET which gives you a true 10" tire. This requires speical lugs.
- Weld 16x8 or 16x8.5, 4.5" BP, I think the BS on these are 5.5", if you can find them... there are the draglite xps, pro star xps, rodlite xps. These are discontinued and were made in 16's at one point, but you have to LOOK LIKE A MF for these, trust me, I just finally found my draglites, and not perfect by any means.
- You can run skinnies too, but will require a spacer and extended lugs, or a adapter.
- Centerline telstars, if you can find them in 16x8 are nice, but will be limited to a 10" slick.

Any 15" rear tire will require some kind of grinding on IRS, how much depends on backspacing.

svtnos

Regular
Mar 24, 2006
If IRS and don't want to grind you can use the following:

- 16x10 Diamond Racing Rims 6" BS, 4.5" BP, with a 26" slick or ET street, can use a 11.5 MT ET STREET which gives you a true 10" tire. This requires speical lugs.
- Weld 16x8 or 16x8.5, 4.5" BP, I think the BS on these are 5.5", if you can find them... there are the draglite xps, pro star xps, rodlite xps. These are discontinued and were made in 16's at one point, but you have to LOOK LIKE A MF for these, trust me, I just finally found my draglites, and not perfect by any means.
- You can run skinnies too, but will require a spacer and extended lugs, or a adapter.
- Centerline telstars, if you can find them in 16x8 are nice, but will be limited to a 10" slick.

Any 15" rear tire will require some kind of grinding on IRS, how much depends on backspacing.
what about someone with a live axle?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info