• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I can't take it! Need opinion

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
Well, I drove the beast this weekend(3rd time) and the exhaust is bugging the crap out of me. Bought the car with bassani cat back with flow tubes and huge tips also has an X pipe with no cats( Think it is UPR).

The damn thing is loud I mean LOUD. I was yelling at my wife while on the freeway cruising at 65mph.

Do you guys think this is beacuse of the xpipe or the whole exhaust set up? If it is the uncatted xpipe what brand of x pipe are you running with cats (most performance)?

Thanks,
Jose

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Well, I drove the beast this weekend(3rd time) and the exhaust is bugging the crap out of me. Bought the car with bassani cat back with flow tubes and huge tips also has an X pipe with no cats( Think it is UPR).

The damn thing is loud I mean LOUD. I was yelling at my wife while on the freeway cruising at 65mph.

Do you guys think this is beacuse of the xpipe or the whole exhaust set up? If it is the uncatted xpipe what brand of x pipe are you running with cats (most performance)?

Thanks,
Jose
Get yourself a catted mid-pipe and you'll be much happier about the sound.

Tom

aka T_Factor
May 21, 2005
Here and There

Thanks,
Jose

I run a Bassani catback and Bassani catted X. Has a great tone IMHO wo/ waking my neighbors :D. If you are ever in the N or NW burbs of Chicago let me know. I'll catch up with you somewhere & you can take a listen.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Get yourself a catted mid-pipe and you'll be much happier about the sound.

+1

Bassani has baffles inserts for their stainless steel mufflers. With baffles in = people pulling you over to tell you how good your exhaust sounds. Without baffles in = police pulling you over and neighbors yelling at you.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
the difference is right in the name.

An H-Pipe is shaped like an H:
jba_h_pipe.jpg

An X-Pipe is shaped like an X:
slp31032-1.jpg

And a prochamber looks like this (and in my opinion sounds the best):
mac5.jpg

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
I ordered bassani baffles.
They won't make much of a difference.

What you really need is a catted mid-pipe. I (or somebody on this site) may have their old Bassani baffles lying around. I took mine out and was only slightly louder (hardly a difference). It's more expensive, but the x-pipe is your issue and will quiet the car dramatically, especially at cruising speeds.

If I find my baffles in the garage, you're welcome to try them out.

Mike1284

hey guy
Aug 8, 2006
Plainfield
My guess is the xpipe. i had an o/r x and it was way too loud and raspy for my taste. I took it off and sold it with within days. I replaced with it the stock H, then later replaced it with a o/r prochamber which I really like.

pretty much my story, i hate x pipes. i have an o/r pro chamber + mac cat back and love it. wouldnt switch it for anything else.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005

Thanks,
Jose

I have a catted x pipe, with magnaflow cat back.

Sep 17, 2005
i think if you still want to have the power sound but less cabin noise, go back to the stock h-pipe. or defintely get a catted aftermarket pipe. btw the difference in the x-pipe & h-pipe in performance isnt really much. supposedly x-pipe will net a little more hp. The h-pipe will get a litttle more torque. its really negligible though.

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
Well, I installed the baffles:clap: I am happy to say that it made a pretty big difference especially on the highway. If I am going exactlly 65mph on the highway it is still kind of loud but at around 68 to 71mph its just a slight hum.
Who goes exactlly 65 anyway?
Bottomline is I can talk with whoever is in the passenger seat without yelling.

Thanks for the tips guys! especially to flyin high again(cliff) for recomending those!

kd00gt

Workin IT!
Jan 12, 2007
+1

Bassani has baffles inserts for their stainless steel mufflers. With baffles in = people pulling you over to tell you how good your exhaust sounds. Without baffles in = police pulling you over and neighbors yelling at you.

I like the baffled sound.. I run kooks x pipe w/cats, and Magnaflow Enhanced Sound cat back. Very mild when your not gettin on it... anything past 3000-3500RPM WHOOA!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info