• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dual FPDM Harness PICS!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Well I finished up my dual FPDM harness. All in all took only a couple hours of time. I also have about $125-150 into it. Lethal sells their Harness for about $350 w/o a extra FPDM. All of the wires are soldered & heat shrink together. All of the relay's are high quilty bosch.

Picture305.jpg

Picture304.jpg

Picture303.jpg

Picture302.jpg

Picture301.jpg

Picture300.jpg

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
can u inform me on what this is? i am assuming it has something to do with the fuel pump wiring?

03-04 cobra's are returnless style fuel systems.

The Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) basically controls the fuel pumps. Instead of using a fuel pressure regular like in a return style fuel system.

The stock 03 cobra fuel system is like this. 1 FPDM controlls 2 stock fuel pumps.

The purpose of this harness is to use a extra FPDM. Now I have 1 FPDM controlling each fuel pump. It lowers fuel pump duty cycle a ton, along with Frod GT supercar fuel pumps and custom fuel lines.

Follow?

Kevin

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
03-04 cobra's are returnless style fuel systems.

The Fuel Pump Driver Module (FPDM) basically controls the fuel pumps. Instead of using a fuel pressure regular like in a return style fuel system.

The stock 03 cobra fuel system is like this. 1 FPDM controlls 2 stock fuel pumps.

The purpose of this harness is to use a extra FPDM. Now I have 1 FPDM controlling each fuel pump. It lowers fuel pump duty cycle a ton, along with Frod GT supercar fuel pumps and custom fuel lines.

Follow?

Kevin

yea dude, thanks for clearing that up for me! :biggthump

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Very nice, neat work too. Now are you selling thse or is it just for you?

Made this for myself. Not too many people need a fuel system to support 850+ RWHP yeah no? But I wouldn't mine making a couple more for some close friends/site members... ;)

... and don't forget to avoid thermal lock of the FPDM :) That is what happens when one FPDM tries to powere two pumps at a higher capacity.

I hit thermal shut done once, I thought I blew a piston out of the block :eek:

No more now with 2 FPDM :headbang:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info