• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

The Nasty is back up and running

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Took it out tonight to datalog with it a bit. OK H O L Y Fuggin SHIT. I kind of let it rip in 2nd to 3rd shift and hit like 14# bitch broke loose big time and back and forth spinning until it hooked and whoooah horsey.
Spooled them up coming across the bridge in Indianford and dumped the valves near a couple of Mexicans fishing at the edge. Dude almost jumped in the water, hahahaha and low and behold fuggin copper sitting on the other side.... whooooops followed me all the way back in to town.

OK Im serious now.... I think Im scared of my car or I just need to get used to it a little.

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
I was throwing a P0243 Code. Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A
Couldnt figure this out and nobody could tell me what this code was for. Snooping the Web with that code I see some Volvo guys with it etc but still nothing that can help me.
Im thinking I damaged the WG with the fuel and super pig rich exhaust so I call Tialsport. Tech tells me nope it takes a lot of physical damage to mess up a WG. Gives me a few solutions with unplugging the Wg etc and then tells me that I may have fouled the ceramic ball in my manual boost controller. Nope thats not it.
I talk to an HP Perf tech I know on an SRT4 forum. I tell him the numbers on the dyno and he tells me its about 30-50hp low for my setup. He was thing 720-730. He nailed the P0243 code for me.
My intercooler isnt just one intercooler it is two divided in half by a metal barrier inside, it is 2. I pulled one of the blow offs off to just run one and capped the passenger side port on the top of the intercooler. ehhhhh wrong! Tells me I just threw the whole setup off and caused the passenger side turbo to open and close not in synch with the other. Plus I only had one washer in the BOV I had on there. Told me to get them both back on there and get 3 washers in and watch the boost controller.... it will now be off. This would have also caused my boost spike I was seeing the other day.
I just got my KB FRPS disc and have yet to get it in and the other BOV back on. We will see how it feels and if it clears the code.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I was throwing a P0243 Code. Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A
Couldnt figure this out and nobody could tell me what this code was for. Snooping the Web with that code I see some Volvo guys with it etc but still nothing that can help me.
Im thinking I damaged the WG with the fuel and super pig rich exhaust so I call Tialsport. Tech tells me nope it takes a lot of physical damage to mess up a WG. Gives me a few solutions with unplugging the Wg etc and then tells me that I may have fouled the ceramic ball in my manual boost controller. Nope thats not it.
I talk to an HP Perf tech I know on an SRT4 forum. I tell him the numbers on the dyno and he tells me its about 30-50hp low for my setup. He was thing 720-730. He nailed the P0243 code for me.
My intercooler isnt just one intercooler it is two divided in half by a metal barrier inside, it is 2. I pulled one of the blow offs off to just run one and capped the passenger side port on the top of the intercooler. ehhhhh wrong! Tells me I just threw the whole setup off and caused the passenger side turbo to open and close not in synch with the other. Plus I only had one washer in the BOV I had on there. Told me to get them both back on there and get 3 washers in and watch the boost controller.... it will now be off. This would have also caused my boost spike I was seeing the other day.
I just got my KB FRPS disc and have yet to get it in and the other BOV back on. We will see how it feels and if it clears the code.
This Kenne Bell FRPS disc, is this an upgrade to our stock FRPS's? How much are they, and do they go out when you get a fuel spike in the rail?

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
They are $15. You have to call Kenne Bell directly and tell them you want a FRPS damper disc. I got mine within 4 days.
Most people have had good luck with it and it has still failed for some. If you look at it it appears that it should hold. Piece of billet aluminum with a pinhole in it. I havent had any problems yet. I also have another FRPS in the glove box with an allen wrench just in case.

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
as of last night my P0243 code is still there. I notice it stutters a little at the turbos are half spooled coming into 4th and only 4th. It doesnt do it in any other gear. I dont know if I need another washer in the BOV's or if its fuel related.
Took it to Lake Geneva yesterday for the day and played around with it. Damn this thing drinks gas quick!!!

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
p0243 is a generic code... if you search EEC V cars, its defined as SUPERCHARGER BYPASS malfunction.. guess what, you dont have it any more... its a normal code for a car thats switched to a turbocharger.. Your computer doesnt know that you switched to a turbo as it doesnt have eyes..

as far as the SRT guys knowing what your combo makes, tell them to come down and tune it... YOU ARE OUT OF FUEL... no matter how many people "say" it can make more, you have no more injector and 93 octane is pushing the envelope... sorry to disappoint you.

BTW, i wasnt available most of last week..

thanks bob

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Ouch Bob, the guy I talked with from HP Perf merely found something wrong that I did with the setup affecting the one wastegate opening and closing prematurely due to the divider in the intercooler.
He did say it had absolutely nothing to do with the way the car was tuned. Im sorry I left that out.

I didnt know that it had something to do with the Supercharger bypass. It doesnt say that in the Predator it says "Turbocharger Wastegate Solenoid A"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info