• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

blower question

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
Hi Guys,

I am sure that most of you know me by my first post.
I have only driven the car once and I am itching for more power. Right now I have a bassani cat back, x pipe without cats. upgraded pully, and a predator tune.
Is it possible to purchase an upgraded blower (whipple or kenne bell) and not do any other mods besides having it tuned?
What would you guys recomend?

Thanks,
Jose

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
you will need 60# injectors, a boost a pump or pump swap, a cai (I'd get a JLT), and some sort of maf (maf.ia, mafxtender, sct ba2400). Of course a custom tune.

+1

Hi Guys,

I have only driven the car once and I am itching for more power.

Damn, that didnt take long:eek::biggthump

forbanger

Regular
Aug 23, 2007
Thanks for all the replys!
Should I go for the whipple 2.3l or the 3.4l? I am shooting for around 600hp but a lot less stress on the engine.....this leads me to the bigger blower. Right?
Since I have a predator tuner should I buy a mafia instead of an sct product?
Last but not least, who has the best price for whipples out there(forum sponsors please pm me if you have a "sale" on them:)) I am looking to purchase within a couple of days!

D

dgussin1

Thanks for all the replys!
Should I go for the whipple 2.3l or the 3.4l? I am shooting for around 600hp but a lot less stress on the engine.....this leads me to the bigger blower. Right?
Since I have a predator tuner should I buy a mafia instead of an sct product?
Last but not least, who has the best price for whipples out there(forum sponsors please pm me if you have a "sale" on them:)) I am looking to purchase within a couple of days!
I'd get the KB 2.8H. It is the best blower on the market for the 03-04 cobra right now. If you MUST have a whipple, i'd get the 2.3.

Well I guess thats difference between you and I........I don't like weak links in my drivetrain......

I guess the logic in your thinking is different then mine only having a 500-600rwhp car....

I don't see it as a weak link. There have been people to run deep into the 10's and most likely some in the 9's on the stock clutch. I for one, drove the funk out of my car on drag radials, at over 600rwhp it's entire life and never had one trans related issue until the clutch started slipping at 25K miles (happened to be 2 weeks before I was turning in the car on a lease, so they got a car back with a slipping clutch :dunno:)

REN#4106

TCG Elite Member
Nov 8, 2005
I don't see it as a weak link. There have been people to run deep into the 10's and most likely some in the 9's on the stock clutch. I for one, drove the funk out of my car on drag radials, at over 600rwhp it's entire life and never had one trans related issue until the clutch started slipping at 25K miles (happened to be 2 weeks before I was turning in the car on a lease, so they got a car back with a slipping clutch :dunno:)

A stock clutch wasn't made for that kind of power.....I don't care how many people have been in the 10's on one....I know for a fact Cobra Dude has been in the 10's on one......But how many time's??? And how long will it last???? I feel better having a 26 spline shaft upgade and a DFX clutch that would hold to the power....that way your not on the clutch's edge of death....And you know your ALWAYS gonna want more....expecially with a different blower (whipple/kenne bell) with the capabilty to make more power with a pulley change....

Moral of the story....why cut corners on a $30k+ car

just my .02

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Hi Guys,

I have only driven the car once and I am itching for more power. Right now I have a bassani cat back, x pipe without cats. upgraded pully, and a predator tune.
Is it possible to purchase an upgraded blower (whipple or kenne bell) and not do any other mods besides having it tuned?

Thanks,
Jose
Sure, you could just slap on a twin-screw with a tune only, but without supporting mods you'd have to run such low boost it wouldn't even be worth it.

You'll need 60 lb injectors, a BAP, a MaFia and a tune at a minimum.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
A stock clutch wasn't made for that kind of power.....I don't care how many people have been in the 10's on one....I know for a fact Cobra Dude has been in the 10's on one......But how many time's??? And how long will it last???? I feel better having a 26 spline shaft upgade and a DFX clutch that would hold to the power....that way your not on the clutch's edge of death....And you know your ALWAYS gonna want more....expecially with a different blower (whipple/kenne bell) with the capabilty to make more power with a pulley change....

Moral of the story....why cut corners on a $30k+ car

just my .02

how about a spec 3+:D. You can ask me how it is running a stock clutch @572rwhp. Yea it blew up on the 1st pass. Upgrade your clutch, input shaft, LDC cooling mod, dont cut corners YOU WILL REGRET IT.

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL

Yes, you CAN purchase the upgraded blower and not do any of the supporting mods, but there really isn't any use. You'd have to run low boost, and then you'll still be sitting at, or below, the same power level you have now...

If you're looking to get right around 600rwhp, I think the Whipple 2.3 or KB 2.2 is perfect. Going with the bigger blowers (KB 2.8H, Whipple 3.4, etc.) would be overkill imo. Don't get me wrong, those would be great it you wanted to run 100 Octane all the time and push 20+ lbs of boost. For a daily driver though, I'd say the smaller Whipple or KB is your best bet.

Regardless of which blower you get, I'd save up and do it all at once. If you throw the blower on and don't do the supporting mods to run the higher boost you're going to be very sorry. Then the next day you'll be pissed off, ordering all the other mods and then pulling the blower off again so you can replace the injectors. Just do it all at once...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info