• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hello all, new member here, just recently bought a 04 Cobra and although I do not live in Chi town( Tampa boy here) I have been using your site a bunch lately to research this new beast. You guys have a great site here!! I have to say I am very impressed with the cobra. I bought it with minor mods( x-pipe, cat backs) and it is very strong. I do plan on racing the car at the track( no slicks yet) and wanted to see what you experienced cobra guys think about my future mods list and if I am going in the right direction. I have already bought a MGW shifter.

1. Pulley/dyno tune
2. 26 spline input shaft for T56
3. IRS brace
4. Springs/caster-camber plates

Also what springs do you guys suggest for both track action and street use?

Thanks a bunch

Jason

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Hello all, new member here, just recently bought a 04 Cobra and although I do not live in Chi town( Tampa boy here) I have been using your site a bunch lately to research this new beast. You guys have a great site here!! I have to say I am very impressed with the cobra. I bought it with minor mods( x-pipe, cat backs) and it is very strong. I do plan on racing the car at the track( no slicks yet) and wanted to see what you experienced cobra guys think about my future mods list and if I am going in the right direction. I have already bought a MGW shifter.

1. Pulley/dyno tune
3. IRS brace

Thanks a bunch

Jason

Id do a IRS brace first, Then go ahead with the pulley and tune, that will really wake it up.

Id do the Springs and plates next. If you plan on doing this, it will kill your '60 foot times, It is a PITA to get traction at the track with lowering springs. But on the other hand, lowered cars look some much better, I don't even care about my '60 foot times.

I then do a new clutch and input shaft, all in all a nice clutch setup is like a touch of $1,000 w/o labor.

BTW, Welcome

Kevin

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004

1. Pulley/dyno tune
3. IRS brace

Thanks a bunch

Jason
Welcome.

Your list is certainly moving in the right direction.

Thanks guys for the info, I am certainly not going to mess with the springs if it will hurt 60' times. Also Kevin, I will be putting that brace on asap, just saw a pic on the net of a busted IRS..thats a no thanks!

Stangfreak91 our cars look almost identical.

Had one more question for you guys, I really need a spare set of rims for my DR's, which sizes will fit with the IRS, 15's? 16's? I see the ones on gnxs, what brand and size are those? Cheaper the better, not going for style for dragracing, just need to get some MT DR's on.

Jason

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Thanks guys for the info, I am certainly not going to mess with the springs if it will hurt 60' times. Also Kevin, I will be putting that brace on asap, just saw a pic on the net of a busted IRS..thats a no thanks!

Stangfreak91 our cars look almost identical.

Had one more question for you guys, I really need a spare set of rims for my DR's, which sizes will fit with the IRS, 15's? 16's? I see the ones on gnxs, what brand and size are those? Cheaper the better, not going for style for dragracing, just need to get some MT DR's on.

Jason

Yep, if you blow the pumpkin in the IRS, they are a shit ton of cash to fix. Better safe then sorry.

As for the rims....

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=24041

Kevin

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004

Jason
My Mickey Thompson ET Streets in the sig are on Diamond Racing 16x10 inch rims. Look in the For Sale area....Flatliner is selling a pair right now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info