• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Idling problem solved Cobra running good again.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Well I finally figured it out, I dropped the x pipe, and I plugged the 02 sensors in the wrong banks:nono:. I criss crossed bank 1&2. Its idling like new:clap:. So I marked one of my hardshells with blue paint so this would never happen again. Just a little percaution for those running a LDC cooling mod that eliminated the 02 harness bracket on top of the trans. Mark at least one hadrshell so this wont happen, its almost impossible to tell them apart.

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
What are the symptoms. Let me know if you need 02 sensors, I have about 2 dozen laying around. Up stream and down. All brand new. Original for Ford.

Just about the same symptoms you were having...

Hesitation upon hard acceleration...shitty gas MPG...

I have searched and many peeps say o2 sensors..Just thought of something, my neighbor has a scanner I should hook it up and drive it and see what they are reading.

I will keep you in mind with the o2's if it is the problem.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
glad you figured it out... if you have new sensors, REPLACE THEM!!!!!!! Running rich probably killed the old ones!

Yup will do soon as I get my new manifold gasket today so I can drive the car again. You were right on the money on that though Bob crossing my 02's. I guess now I can go back to my small pulley and start running 100 octane again. Since Im not gonna be averaging 4.5mpg lol. It dorve me nuts man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info