• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

how much hp can my bottom end handle?

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
93 octane - 580rwhp safely - 650+rwhp doable

Obviously the higher the octane the higher the limit. People have made 750+rwhp on 93 octane with Turbos, but their lifespan is questionable. A 88mm car just made 1000rwhp on the stock longblock with C16 and its plenty safe long as the fuel can keep up.

D

dgussin1

it's a crapshoot. Most of the high HP car's that you see last a long time (in days), aren't driven very often. If you plan on 12-15K miles a year, keep it under 600rwhp. If you plan on 1-5K miles a year, go for broke. Run as must boost as you can, just make sure you have 100+ octane in the tank.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
it's a crapshoot. Most of the high HP car's that you see last a long time (in days), aren't driven very often. If you plan on 12-15K miles a year, keep it under 600rwhp. If you plan on 1-5K miles a year, go for broke. Run as must boost as you can, just make sure you have 100+ octane in the tank.

Yup 100 octane or bust. Its a good idea to keep a couple of different tunes on your programmer. One for 93 one for 100+.

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
Thread-I_like_where_this_thread_is_going.jpg

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
I just cracked 52K on the odometer yesterday coming home and I havent had one issue:p and Im pushing over 500hp+ at the wheels. I started moding my car after 6K miles.....actaully I thought about this yesterday when I saw the 52K and I have to say that Ford did one hell of a job building these motors:headbang:

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
I just cracked 52K on the odometer yesterday coming home and I havent had one issue:p and Im pushing over 500hp+ at the wheels. I started moding my car after 6K miles.....actaully I thought about this yesterday when I saw the 52K and I have to say that Ford did one hell of a job building these motors:headbang:

Damn 52K? When I saw your car I would have thought more aroun 10K

raresvt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2007
just went to the track for the first time with my setup( 2.76 upper,accufab throttle body, and tuned by kurgan. I had 108 race gas and on the way home frrom the track heard knocking sound.Drained the oil copper and metal flakes everywhere,by the way 13,xxx miles on motor:(

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Your motor isn't even broken in yet. :lmao:

- 2.76 pulley (472rwhp) 3 weeks after purchasing new (March 2004)
- Whipple at ~18,000 miles (depending on boost, 568-600 rwhp since then)
- 89,000+ miles and 350+ quarter mile passes to date

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
i have a 2003 cobra and need to know its hp potential?
i'm thinking of pushing it to the limit but don't know what that limit is any help would be much appreciated thanx
Too many variables to answer this question with any certainty.

I guess a few major questions might be:
- type of power adder(s)
- expected use for the vehicle/expected mileage per year
- type of fuel to be used
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.

Either way, there's no CORRECT answer here. Depending on many variables, I suppose somewhere between 350 and 900 rwhp.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info