• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Need help figuring out a noise

03vert70charger

Regular
Nov 11, 2006
Whenever I go over bumps, accelerate, or decelerate slowly I hear a clicking type of noise. It is located in the front end, my guess is something in the suspension. It doesn't happen all the time, some days it does and some days it doesn't. It isn't very loud, when I hear it I have asked the passengers if they hear it but usually they don't. Any ideas? I dont think its serious, I want to make sure so I don't ignore it and it eventually becomes a big problem.

skyhighsd

auto mofo
Mar 25, 2007
Well it is almost finding a needle in a hay stack. Have you checked your ball joints and tie rods yet? Also it might be a bad motor mount. It is really hard to say with out hearing it. I hope that gives you some where to start if you don't know how to check them. Just ask and I or someone else could tell you how to.

TheBafsta

Mach Member
Oct 8, 2005
i had a similar problem i thought it was my suspension in my front end took it to my mechanic he looked and took stuff apart couldn't find it then me n jack went for ride and we came to the conclusion that it may be my brakes took it back to my mechanic and found both pins on my brake pads were popped out and the company refunded my money saying there was a defect in the pads

hope that story helps lol :dunno:

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Whenever I go over bumps, accelerate, or decelerate slowly I hear a clicking type of noise. It is located in the front end, my guess is something in the suspension. It doesn't happen all the time, some days it does and some days it doesn't. It isn't very loud, when I hear it I have asked the passengers if they hear it but usually they don't. Any ideas? I dont think its serious, I want to make sure so I don't ignore it and it eventually becomes a big problem.

I have a couple of weird rattles in back and front but only when I go over big bumps. The more you mod these things the more they start to act weird, like vibrations, or NVH.

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
i had a similar problem i thought it was my suspension in my front end took it to my mechanic he looked and took stuff apart couldn't find it then me n jack went for ride and we came to the conclusion that it may be my brakes took it back to my mechanic and found both pins on my brake pads were popped out and the company refunded my money saying there was a defect in the pads

hope that story helps lol :dunno:

Are you referring to the rivets that hold the abrasive material to the metal backer on the brake pads?

I've got another rattle up front and I've run out of things to check.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info