• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Which car cover?

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
Guys,

I'm trying to find the right car cover for the cobra (outside for now). Have you had any good experiences with, or know of any good outdoor covers? I don't want to buy a cheap one and damage the paint. There's so many online, i don't know which to chose. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick:dunno:

I just have the autozone one its been ok, but its not waterproof. I have seen some good ones on ebay, like saleen brand or the one that roush uses.

kd00gt

Workin IT!
Jan 12, 2007
I just have the autozone one its been ok, but its not waterproof. I have seen some good ones on ebay, like saleen brand or the one that roush uses.

I have the Roush Cover and yes your ride will get wet with this cover. From what I understand the cover has to breathe to avoid mildew/mold. The Carcraft version has special inhibitors to fight against mildew/mold.. I'm not certain if its waterproof

Dewalt03cobra

Dewalt03Cobra
Dec 3, 2004
Try Custom Car Cover Depot. That's where I got mine. They have all sorts of options and colors to match your car. They even made mine for the 9" wing.

Img_1594.jpg

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
i have to get one too, i bought a couple cheap ones that were absolute crap! they were pretty thin and i got one from pepboys and one from ebay. the one said it was waterproof, wasnt. the other one i bought to use in my garage for dust, my car had more dust on it when i used the damn thing than when i didnt, no joke! and i didnt put in on the wrong way either, rolled it up and out the same way every time. i think the only way to go is one of the really nice covers like california car cover.

Unistang

Mar 24, 2007
Well it depends on what material you have and where you're storing your car. You can get a quality indoor cover for I think about 199 from CCC. It's when you store your car outside and you need the durability and breathability that it gets pricey. I paid 360 bucks for mine to my door (superweave material). I was looking at either "coverking" or "california car covers". The reason i went with the CCC is because jay leno uses them and that guy has some top end cars. Other than that, the quality seemed the same as did price. It seems like alot of money, but then again, if you buy a shitty cover it can actually do more bad than good.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info