• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Anybody help?

StangPwr

Slobra
Oct 26, 2006
I have a 99 lightning with several mods including a 6 lb. lower, 2.8 upper, long tubes, ported blower. The problem is the truck is making next to no boost ( maybe 6 lbs.). At first we thought the blower was shot when we took the upper intake plenum off and saw gouges in the blower fins. SO i ordered a new ported blower and put it on.... no solution. The factory blower was junk but the new one hasnt fixed the no boost problem. A buddy of mine that is a mechanic looked at it and couldnt find any vacum leaks. Can somebody PLEASE help me?:dunno:

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Assuming that you don't have a restriction in the intake system, and the blower itself is functioning properly, and there isn't a belt slppage issue, then you may want to look at the boost-bypass valve.
If it is opening prematurely, that could be your loss. It could be the valve or the solenoid that controls the valve. Both can be bypassed temporarily to test the system.

2000SVTL

Aug 18, 2007
BY no boost, do u mean the gauge itself isnt registering boost or you are not feeling any? Are the internals of the blower even moving when spun? Also with your boost gauge are u gettin vaccum readings or is the gauge not moving at all....

BTW lightningrodder's forum has a lot of exp guys in there that could give better answers too

K

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info