• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Can I data log with My x-cal2?

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
The car is not putting out any codes thats why I cant figure out why I have idling problems.

More than likely it's a vac leak somewhere. It might not be throwing a CEL right now but you can check your fuel trims (LTF/STF) using the Xcal. Any large fuel trim "adds" by the pcm ussually means it's trying to compensate for a vac leak. I think you can also check maf flow and/or volts to confirm it's working as well. GL w/the diagnosis.

03blkgt

straight nasty
Feb 14, 2007
You need a USB cable to go from the Xcal to the laptop and you can only data log on a car that you are "Married" to as I understand it. I'm about to do the same thing on my Xcal2 equipped Ford V8.

I stuck an Eaton M90 on a 3.4 DOHC V8 SHO. Whee ! ! !

That is not true, and I know this for a fact. You can datalog any car that has the same port with your xcal. For instance, After I got my car tuned, my buddy wanted to datalog his car just to see how it was running etc. I took my laptop and my Xcal 2 over there. Plugged it in and off we went.

You can datalog other cars/ save information from datalogs. But you can not save any tunes on your xcal/ or transfer tunes to different cars.

Wiked03

CSVT OG
Mar 1, 2004
Louisville, KY
That is not true, and I know this for a fact. You can datalog any car that has the same port with your xcal. For instance, After I got my car tuned, my buddy wanted to datalog his car just to see how it was running etc. I took my laptop and my Xcal 2 over there. Plugged it in and off we went.

You can datalog other cars/ save information from datalogs. But you can not save any tunes on your xcal/ or transfer tunes to different cars.

Agreed. I have datalogged 5 different cobras and a lightning with my xcal2 :D

You do need the usb cable (just like a printer cable) to connect the xcal2 to the laptop.

1. plug xcal2 into the cars obd2 port
2. plug usb cable in xcal2 and computer
3. start car
4. start live link software on laptop
5. click the little graph looking icon in upper left corner
6. select the pids you wanna log (always get the ones in all caps)
7. once it brings up the logging screen click the green button on the top left to start, red to stop.

thats about it I think.

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
Agreed. I have datalogged 5 different cobras and a lightning with my xcal2 :D

You do need the usb cable (just like a printer cable) to connect the xcal2 to the laptop.

1. plug xcal2 into the cars obd2 port
2. plug usb cable in xcal2 and computer
3. start car
4. start live link software on laptop
5. click the little graph looking icon in upper left corner
6. select the pids you wanna log (always get the ones in all caps)
7. once it brings up the logging screen click the green button on the top left to start, red to stop.

thats about it I think.

EXCELLENT - I'm learning about these critters too. I've only got 3 more SHO's to work with now, based on this little tidbit.

Thanx!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info