• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Tuned with the 3.4

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
Just got the cobra tuned with the 3.4. It made 19psi as opposed to the 22psi I was told the pulley combo would make. Either way It feels pretty damn good.

Wheels spun alittle bit on the dyno.

dynographse7.jpg

I dont feel 19psi is enough for this thing to realy shine. Im trying to figure out why it made less. My guess is that the Metco 6.5" lower is reducing boost more than the advertised 2lbs.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
FYI to anyone who may have a comment regarding the a/f... the sniffer was reading 1 full point leaner then blane's uego wideband.. I believe his wideband was off as the sniffer CONSISTENTLY reads .5 leaner then my wideband and others I have tuned... in other words, the a/f was basically 11.6-11.8 across the board..

sorry to interupt :)

PS.. it WAS spinning on the dyno... blane had STREET RADIALS on the car haha

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
TQ seems a bit low? Maybe due to the massive size of that blower?

Glad too see you got things squared away.

I was looking 4 u last night? Did come curise w/ us?

I stuck around to help PJ figure out his wiring problem.

I realy feel this blower needs to be at least 21psi. Im in the process of figuring out if Metco rated the lower wrong of what.

PJx5x

TCG Elite Member
Sep 29, 2005
Villa Park
I stuck around to help PJ figure out his wiring problem.

I realy feel this blower needs to be at least 21psi. Im in the process of figuring out if Metco rated the lower wrong of what.

Is the Metco rated for 4lbs lower with the Whipple? or a stock blower?

I rode to the gas station last night with him at the meet. It fuckin moves, cant wait to see what more boost does :eek:

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
Is the Metco rated for 4lbs lower with the Whipple? or a stock blower?

I dont think it makes a difference. It was designed due to the whipple creating so much boost with large upper pullies, but whipple may have been wrong too. Im lead to believe its the metco due to it being 1 inch smaller and every 1/2 inch bigger is a 2lb increase. They say testing showed a 2lb loss but I dont know how they tested it. All I know is it was rated to reduce 2lbs and Im seeing a loss of almost 5.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
TQ seems a bit low? Maybe due to the massive size of that blower?

Glad too see you got things squared away.

I was looking 4 u last night? Did come curise w/ us?

Yea I have the same issue made good horse power on 18 psi should have seen 19psi. But my TQ was low as u can see in my sig. It was hot as hell that day I wanna up the boost to 21 this fall and dyno it on a cool day the results should be better. Good numbers though get that boost up that thing should be a freakin monster.

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
nice numbers. put the stock lower back on!

If whipple is right with their numbers. The stock lower and the largest upper I can run with the stock hood (the 3.50" I have on their now) it will make 25psi. Thats alittle much for 100 octane. I would love to put the stock lower on and sell the metco one but I would need a new hood to run lower boost which Im not sure I want to do. I like the stock hood.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Im gonna spin this bitch as fast as Bob (and more importantly) my motor will let me!
I would think 22-23psi would be a nice spot, but obviously Bob knows best what 100 octane and his timing choices will allow.

Don't worry about the torque, once you start spinning it harder and get it to hook on the dyno the numbers are going to go WAYYYY up.

Shaggy

Adrenaline Junkie
Aug 24, 2005
I would think 22-23psi would be a nice spot, but obviously Bob knows best what 100 octane and his timing choices will allow.

Don't worry about the torque, once you start spinning it harder and get it to hook on the dyno the numbers are going to go WAYYYY up.

Thats the plan. I figured out the issue with the lower. It was decided mathmaticaly to make a 6.5" based on a 9" (4lb) lower. I corrected them since the 4lb lower is 8.55" Metco just made it after they were told what size and never tested it. Human error is all, and its all being worked out.

after the propper math is done the 6.5" lower takes out 3.80952psi add in a small loss due to heat and humidity and thats exactly where I sit.

As far as crank pullies are concearned every 0.2625" is 1psi, you can do the math from there.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Thats the plan. I figured out the issue with the lower. It was decided mathmaticaly to make a 6.5" based on a 9" (4lb) lower. I corrected them since the 4lb lower is 8.55" Metco just made it after they were told what size and never tested it. Human error is all, and its all being worked out.

after the propper math is done the 6.5" lower takes out 3.80952psi add in a small loss due to heat and humidity and thats exactly where I sit.

As far as crank pullies are concearned every 0.2625" is 1psi, you can do the math from there.
This isn't the first time Metco has had problems determining the changes in boost when their pulleys are installed.
Sometimes I think they just guess.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info