• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

So I wanted a bigger oil cooler...

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
The car is still a street car, so I didn't want to lose the driving lights, hood latch, or ground clearance. Packaging is an issue with these cars, because they stuck something in every nook and cranny.

Given that these cars suck air from underneath rather than through the nose, I figure this seemed like the best location. You can block off the nose opening and the car won't overheat. So, then, why would directing more air through the little hole help? Direct more air to come up from underneath, is where my reasoning takes me, and its also what the guys who actually go racing do.

Upgrading from -10 to -12 at the same time. Wanted to go to dual oil filters, but I cant find a place to stuff them. Sigh.

Its definately a compromise, but like I said, its still a street car. Anyhoo, here are the pics.

New and old:
DSC_0003.JPG

And here is where its going:
DSC_0002.JPG

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
looks nice! good thinkin!

i had to take my oil cooler off when i put the s-trim on. the new setup interfiered with the stock routing and the directions didnt have a solution for making it work.

the 94-95 cobras have antifreeze running around the base of the oil filter to cool the oil. i'm thinkin off getting the ford racing set-up but i am unsure as to how to make it work. maybe u could help me out :dunno:

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
I cant find room for the oil cooler thermostat :(

maniak, all the mod motor cobras have that too. its so the oil warms up quickly for better fuel mileage. I replaced all that with an inlet flange drilled for adapter fittings. my oil filter is visible in the lower right of the bottom pic.

we'll see if it has any effect on friday at road america...

Maniak

TCG Elite Member
Apr 17, 2006
Highland Park, IL
I cant find room for the oil cooler thermostat :(

maniak, all the mod motor cobras have that too. its so the oil warms up quickly for better fuel mileage. I replaced all that with an inlet flange drilled for adapter fittings. my oil filter is visible in the lower right of the bottom pic.

we'll see if it has any effect on friday at road america...

interesting. how is the filter sitting over there? got any pics of the setup routing?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info