• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

is my tune safe?

SVTdubs

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
the tuner tunes all of the L's in the area and has 97000 miles on his personal truck which he races every week and runs 13.3 up here with a ported blower, 6lb lower, chip, stock maf, stock fuel, 12.0 a/f and 21 degrees on 91 octane... no winter tune... I dont know what it is either but they have NEVER had a hurt motor and Ive talked to numerous customers of theirs.

they even have a customer who runs a 6lb lower, 2.8 upper and 100 shot on a BONE STOCK motor... it runs 11.4 UP HERE!

I trust them, I may go back to them and get the flip switch put in and get a second tune with 12-14 degrees for if I ever go back to chicago. I have the mafia sitting next to the CD changer if need be as well. I love my a/f guage, I wish I had one in the cobra so I would have known something was up....

I guess its the corrected vs uncorrected numbers is why the trucks last up here. In chicago a 400rwhp SAE truck makes 398 or so UNcorrected... here it makes 310 or so.... maybe thats why we can run more timing because its not making the same kind of actual power.... I have no clue but thats my theory at least...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info