• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Boost level with intercooler on stock

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
I know you dont want to go over 475 RWHP on a stock 99-01 4V.

My buddy worked with Joe DaSilva (Pro 5.0 driver) for a few years building Engines ect and that number is what he told me to stay around.

I have heard others say around 450 is max while some will say nothing over 500.

I talked with Kurgan this morning in reagrds to my 99 since I putting on a Meth kit this weekend and a new pullie and he said I think 460ish max. So take your pick but I would have to lean twords My buddy and Kurgan knowing thier shit and dont go higher.

EDIT: Sorry guess I didnt answer your boost Question cuz I dont know how to convert Boost #'s like most others will.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
What is the maximum boost level with a good tune & intercooler you would go on a stock 01 motor?

David???

Boost is just a measurement of backpressure.. You could make 20psi and 100hp... the internals on these motors is what you are limited by.. As I said at the dyno session, going beyond 450-460rwhp is pushing the limits of a "safe" setup.. with the inconsistency of fuel these days, 1 bad tank and you will detonate the motor. Yes, there are guys making 500rwhp+, but there are always exceptions to the rules.

Get that belt changed and you should be fine with 10psi.. i think itll be at that 450rwhp area. Remember though, you are out of fuel and MAF.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
thanks bob so 10 psi would be fine if I stay around 450rwhp. I am working on the mass air and fuel

happy birthday!

yes, the only concern that I have is with the extra boost, did the original tuner take the higher load cells into consideration? Also, because it went into SD mode at 5100, did he compensate for that?

I stock the MAFia at all times FYI.. The only thing you would need is a Ford GT pump or something similar with your BAP... then of course, a retune!

thanks!

imbuggin

Addict
Mar 15, 2007
yes, the only concern that I have is with the extra boost, did the original tuner take the higher load cells into consideration? Also, because it went into SD mode at 5100, did he compensate for that?

I stock the MAFia at all times FYI.. The only thing you would need is a Ford GT pump or something similar with your BAP... then of course, a retune!

thanks!

that is exactly what I had in mind ford gt pump and MAFia. Can you email me or pm a price on the pump and MIFia. I know the tune price.

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• I
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list