• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

How many of you are running meth?

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
I agree that with an intercooler you probably won't see much benifit. But us guys running no IC gain alot from it. Haven't fouled out any plugs here. But my tune was made for the meth injection. As far as my car is concerned it made one of the biggest differences.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Like Bob said, great on centrifugals.

I loved that it allowed me to run nice boost and timing levels on pump gas, but not much of a hp gain I don't think. Then there's the problem I had with spark plugs. :mad:

It probably has something to do with the fact that you're injecting into the cold air stream on an 03-04 Cobra as opposed to the hot air in a centri. setup. :dunno: Improper atomization? Who knows.

I still have it on my car though. If I fill up with 93 I can just plug the meth back in and run the boost/timing levels I'm currently running on 100 octane(according to RWTD).

Lidio at Alternative put a custom setup on a blown Mach 1 that would probably work better on the 03-04 Cobras than the way the Snow kit is currently setup:

http://www.alternativeauto.com/misc/mach1_project_dec-05.html

It's set up to spray into the air AFTER the blower has already compressed (and heated) it.

Tim

I like girls that drink beer
Nov 9, 2006
America
Cooler IAT's
Happy :D

I'm with this guy. Keeps the air charge temps down so the car is more consistent regardless of outside air temp. I also like the piece of mind of the octane boost that comes along with it. I run a coolingmist water/meth kit. Tuned by Bob.

I have a non-intercooled Vortech S trim on my 2 valve car. Made 459rwhp with 13.5 degrees of timing and 10.5 psi. Room for more boost and timing with the meth, but not with the stock shortblock :D

Fast GTO

Nov 20, 2009
Back from the dead...

I'm new, about to pick up an 03 10th Anniversary TR KB Cobra this weekend. Talking to a few people about the benefits of Meth injection for high speed runs and open track. I'm not that familiar with the Cobra setup because I am coming from a Speed INC built 416CI N2O GTO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSkYyw4_pGk

Basically there seems to be two thoughts on this. First is that it doesn't benefit you for lowering IAT's and is thus a waste of money. The other opinion I have been getting is that it does reduce temps, but only in the combustion chamber where it can't be measured easily (and thus prevent detonation). All agree it allows for tuning on pump gas (91/93) as if you were using 100+.

So are the benefits worth the cost for someone who wants to do some open track and go WOT on the Autobahn at 100+? I keep reading that cooling is the main concern for this type of driving (open track and sustained high speed high RPM loads). Already has a Gords H/E but I am also considering a larger radiator.

I've got the opinions of Speed INC and Kurgan on this already but reading around various forums it is still confusing since some say it is a complete waste of $$ that could be spent on other modifications that are more useful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info