• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Trans is stuck in 6th gear and is now at Friendly Ford in Roselle...what now?

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I came off of 290 onto Elgin/O'Hare, and when I approached the light, I engaged the clutch to get the car into neutral. To my surprise, the damn shifter wouldn't move out of 6th gear. Anytime I released the clutch, I could hear the synchros (I think) grinding. I managed to lug the car (still stuck in 6th gear, so the clutch still seems to be good) all the way to Friendly Ford in Roselle...they can't even look at it for at least 4 days....WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!?! I may send the car to Hans' shop once I find out what the problem is. THIS SUCKS!

-Mike

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
I came off of 290 onto Elgin/O'Hare, and when I approached the light, I engaged the clutch to get the car into neutral. To my surprise, the damn shifter wouldn't move out of 6th gear. Anytime I released the clutch, I could hear the synchros (I think) grinding. I managed to lug the car (still stuck in 6th gear, so the clutch still seems to be good) all the way to Friendly Ford in Roselle...they can't even look at it for at least 4 days....WHAT THE HELL DO I DO?!?! I may send the car to Hans' shop once I find out what the problem is. THIS SUCKS!

-Mike

Talk to Mike Asta to help you out. Also, you are intitled to a free rental car because you own an SVT product. They will rent a car for you, but you will owe the taxes at the end.

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
Talk to Mike Asta to help you out. Also, you are intitled to a free rental car because you own an SVT product. They will rent a car for you, but you will owe the taxes at the end.
They told me that Ford will pay for the rental only when it is deemed to be covered under my extended warranty. Until then, I have to flip the bill for this P.O.S. Ford Escape!

-Mike

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info