• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Critique my suspension

B_Pay

Regular
May 17, 2006
I recently purchased a solid rear for my 03 along with some other goodies and would like your guys opinion on my planned setup. The stuff with a * is the stuff that I have not bought yet but plan on buying. My hope is to pull low to mid 1.4 sixty foots. It has a 2.76 pulley, intake, and exhaust.

8.8 rear…welded tubes
Stock eaton diff from the IRS
*3.73 Ford Racing gear
*TA rear cover and bearing kit
*Moser or Strange 31 spline C-clip axles
MM nonadjustable extreme duty LCA’s
*UPR double adjustable spherical UCA’s
UPR Front end kit
MM caster/camber plates
14” 175lb spring (front)
*Tokico 5 way drag struts (front)
2003 Mustang GT springs (rear) (will possibly cut a coil)
stock bilsteins (rear)
*MM full length Sub Frames
26” MT ET Streets

Would an anti roll bar be a good idea?

Oncebitten03

TCG Elite Member
Feb 13, 2005
i dont believe the stock bilsteins will work in the rear

you can use gt springs, i used bullitts when i did mine and didn't cut a coil, sat great with both a 26" and a 28" tire.

other than that i had that identical set up (suspension wise in rear) and was manage to cut low 1.5's, while the front was stock with just no sway and 10 way strange struts/shocks all around. Good luck they're fun to launch when they hook ;)

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
I recently purchased a solid rear for my 03 along with some other goodies and would like your guys opinion on my planned setup. The stuff with a * is the stuff that I have not bought yet but plan on buying. My hope is to pull low to mid 1.4 sixty foots. It has a 2.76 pulley, intake, and exhaust.

8.8 rear…welded tubes
Stock eaton diff from the IRS
*3.73 Ford Racing gear
*TA rear cover and bearing kit
*Moser or Strange 31 spline C-clip axles
MM nonadjustable extreme duty LCA’s
*UPR double adjustable spherical UCA’s
UPR Front end kit
MM caster/camber plates
14” 175lb spring (front)
*Tokico 5 way drag struts (front)
2003 Mustang GT springs (rear) (will possibly cut a coil)
stock bilsteins (rear)
*MM full length Sub Frames
26” MT ET Streets

Would an anti roll bar be a good idea?

Sounds like you pretty much got it covered with the suspension. You should be set for those 60ft times. I already bought my solid, I will pretty much be following sumular mods. Ill be going with 410s though. I also will be using steeda upper and lower control arms, I would stay away from UPR just IMO. I had bad experience with cheap stuff like that on my mustang gt. Good luck putting it in post some pics.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info