• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Recommendations

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
I posted this in 2 threads on CMC Ill shorten it up in one here

Anyone using these
Ford Racing 8.8 31 spline axles
Ford Racing 8.8 31 spline trak loc

Will these hold on my application if not lets hear what you got and what your throwing at it.
Im shooting for 650hp to 800hp Street and strip

I may just get some Mosers

----------------------------------------------------------
Looks like the drivers side rear shock may have taken a shit on me and I need to replace them both.
Any suggestions? I need them for an 03 GT solid axle.

Street and strip.

Anyone know anything about the spring rates on coilovers? Im LOOOOOOOOOOW up front and its only a matter of time before I nail a wastegate. Im running QA1 K, A and coilovers. Ive got maybe 5 turns left until Im at the top. I need this thing up another 3/4 of an inch, at least.
I know these are the 175 rate springs. Will going to a 220 rate give me more room and make it harder, softer? I dont know how the rates work on these springs?

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
I'd say thats a ticking time bomb at that power level. I grenaded a 33 spline trac-loc and trashed two sets of ring and pinions last year. That was last year with a bit over 700 FT/LBS on the gun cutting low 1.4's. I now run 33 spline Mosers and a spool, I wish I just upgraded to this in the beginning

I'd feel OK about the axles but that trac loc aint gonna cut it if you plan to leave hard or under any boost.

It may be OK for a while if you are just running drag radials or leaving at low RPM's, but if youre slicked up on a 2 step, I'd upgrade the carrier to at least a D-Locker and probably just do it once right and get a locker and some nice Moser axles.

+1 on the Strange 10 way adjustables.

my .02

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
220 lb springs in front will help. I have a 33 spline with 9" ends (bearings) and an auburn pro rear end from DTS for my rear setup . Works good so far on the street, your tires are just going to spin @ 800 on the street anyways so 33 or even a 31 is fine IMO.

Ray

Sharkster

Addict
Sep 17, 2005
Hey Ray,
where you been hiding. Sent you a couple of text messages few weeks back just to say high. Was in Crystal Lake and McHenry and then on to Lake in the Hills last weekend.
Car still has a few things to finish up. That hammering noise turned out to be the 2 chamber flows. Tial says it was the pressure hitting the chambers and throwing the pressure back at the wastegates making them chatter. Magnapacks came in last night and hopefully tonight or tomorrow get it to the exhaust guy for some custom work. These magnapacks are nice and small.
Sealed the entire sytem up and hit it with 20# of air and found a crapload of leaks. Got those sealed up.
I want this thing with Bob on the rollers by next week while Im on vacation... Im tired of messing with it. Got issues around the house toget done.

Painter

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Hey Ray,
where you been hiding. Sent you a couple of text messages few weeks back just to say high. Was in Crystal Lake and McHenry and then on to Lake in the Hills last weekend.
Car still has a few things to finish up. That hammering noise turned out to be the 2 chamber flows. Tial says it was the pressure hitting the chambers and throwing the pressure back at the wastegates making them chatter. Magnapacks came in last night and hopefully tonight or tomorrow get it to the exhaust guy for some custom work. These magnapacks are nice and small.
Sealed the entire sytem up and hit it with 20# of air and found a crapload of leaks. Got those sealed up.
I want this thing with Bob on the rollers by next week while Im on vacation... Im tired of messing with it. Got issues around the house toget done.

Hey bud,

Business has been extremely busy since April, 6-7 days a week for the last few months kinda puts a damper on the whole car thing. I am glad to see your almost done with your car, if you dont like the magnapacks I have some magnaflows that I dont like I might get rid of......there on my car now.......straightthru design........I might go back to borla or something

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info