• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Dual FPDM Harness thread...

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Ok, im going to start getting ready for my 2.8H install. First thing up is the Dual FPDM harness. Info around Mfords is pretty hard to come by. Anyone have PART #'s to the pigtails for the FPDM? I found one wiring diagram it is pretty helpful. Anyone have some more info? Does anyone still use a BAP with them or is duty cycle so low, they are unneeded? LDC guys feel free to chime in anytime :p

dual_FPDM_wiring.jpg

Kevin

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Great thread!!! I am wanting to do this "Dual FPDM" thing as well. I would like to NOT need my BAP if I dont really need it. That way I can SELL it!!

Maybe we can get some kind of Multiple Purchase Discount??

Keep the posts coming!!

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I hate to burst your bubble, but the parts for just the harness are right at $100 our cost.
That doesn't include FPDMs, just the wiring for the pumps and the harness for the dual FPDMs. That also doesn't include the build time.

You can run dual stock FPDMs with the GT pump or Focus pumps, or stock Cobra pumps for that matter. Although they are really only required with the GT pumps.
You can skip the BAP. Really isn't necessary with the GT pumps.
Anything smaller and I would still use the BAP.

And that is just the inside of the tank.

You'll also need larger lines and a larger filter to take advantage of the GT pumps.

Dan

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I hate to burst your bubble, but the parts for just the harness are right at $100 our cost.
That doesn't include FPDMs, just the wiring for the pumps and the harness for the dual FPDMs. That also doesn't include the build time.

You can run dual stock FPDMs with the GT pump or Focus pumps, or stock Cobra pumps for that matter. Although they are really only required with the GT pumps.
You can skip the BAP. Really isn't necessary with the GT pumps.
Anything smaller and I would still use the BAP.

And that is just the inside of the tank.

You'll also need larger lines and a larger filter to take advantage of the GT pumps.

Dan

Dan,

I'm well awear of everything need to get this done GT pumps, top hat, lines, built time etc etc. Do you have any more info on making up the dual harness? Lenth of wire, Part number for the pigtail. etc?

Kevin

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I don't know the part numbers. They are all Ford pieces though. 2 of one and 1 of the other at $20 something each.

You also need 2 relays and 2 sockets for them.

The length of the wire is going to be dictated by how you locate them in the trunk, but the length is less than 24 inches.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
I don't know the part numbers. They are all Ford pieces though. 2 of one and 1 of the other at $20 something each.

You also need 2 relays and 2 sockets for them.

The length of the wire is going to be dictated by how you locate them in the trunk, but the length is less than 24 inches.

I'm a little confused on this " 2 of one and 1 of the other at $20 something each"

I'm guessing relay can be bought from radio shack etc...

Where is the best place to mount the sec. FPDM. I was thinking just to moung it right above the stocker.

What Gauge wire did you guys give me for the wiring upgrade for the BAP, If it is the correct size from the battery to the relays, I will just leave it.

Kevin

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
I'm a little confused on this " 2 of one and 1 of the other at $20 something each"
You need two plugs, one to connect to each of the two FPDMs, and one plug to connect to the original wiring harness that is in the trunk (the one that went to the original FPDM). Three plugs total.
They are over $20 each. If you get a deal on them.
I'm guessing relay can be bought from radio shack etc...
Sure, if you trust their quality. I don't.
Where is the best place to mount the sec. FPDM. I was thinking just to mounting it right above the stocker.
Kevin

That is what we have done. One above the other.

What Gauge wire did you guys give me for the wiring upgrade for the BAP, If it is the correct size from the battery to the relays, I will just leave it.
10 gauge wire. It is sufficient.

Dan

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Dan -

Two questions:

1. Would a guy NEED to retune the car after this type of fuel mod??

If you go to GT pumps, the fuel pump tables are different and should be adjusted. Not a big deal for a competent tuner. (not me):D

Other pumps, no retuning is required.
2. Can someone order this stuff from you guys and then schedule a time to bring the car by and have it all knocked out in one day???

Depends on what stuff you had in mind and how big a hurry you're in.
Dan

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
You need two plugs, one to connect to each of the two FPDMs, and one plug to connect to the original wiring harness that is in the trunk (the one that went to the original FPDM). Three plugs total.
They are over $20 each. If you get a deal on them.

So you need 3 plugs total. 2 "harness" plugs that plug in the FPDM and 1 plug that is in a FPDM (can you buy just the plug that is into the FPDM) .

Where would I go about getting a good quilaty relay?

Kevin

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
So you need 3 plugs total. 2 "harness" plugs that plug in the FPDM and 1 plug that is in a FPDM (can you buy just the plug that is into the FPDM) .

Where would I go about getting a good quilaty relay?

Kevin

The plugs are sold individually, so you can buy which ever ones you want.

We get ours through an electronics supply house, but you could probably get good quality ones at a shop that installs high end auto stereo equipment.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
The plugs are sold individually, so you can buy which ever ones you want.

We get ours through an electronics supply house, but you could probably get good quality ones at a shop that installs high end auto stereo equipment.

Ok I got you on the plugs.

I'm looking for a 4 pin 30 amp relay with a 12 ga harness correct?? I looked around and having some problems finding a 4 pin relay & 12 ga harness connector.

Kevin

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
The relay has 5 pins although you only use 4 of them. It is a SPDT 30/40 amp 12 volt relay. It is a standard automotive application cube relay. Typically they are one inch on a side. Some may have a bracket attached.
As I mentioned, try a stereo shop.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
The relay has 5 pins although you only use 4 of them. It is a SPDT 30/40 amp 12 volt relay. It is a standard automotive application cube relay. Typically they are one inch on a side. Some may have a bracket attached.
As I mentioned, try a stereo shop.

Sweet, single pole double throw.... That's the kind of stuff im looking for.

Any pictures of what pins go where?

Any ideas on the 12 GA harness for them?

Kevin

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Sweet, single pole double throw.... That's the kind of stuff im looking for.

Any pictures of what pins go where?

Any ideas on the 12 GA harness for them?

Kevin

pic of relay and pin outs:

12 volt relay

The place that has the relays should be able to provide the harness/socket.
If they don't have the 2 heavier power wires, you can get new terminals and make your own.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info