User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 PM   #1
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default Dual FPDM Harness thread...

Ok, im going to start getting ready for my 2.8H install. First thing up is the Dual FPDM harness. Info around Mfords is pretty hard to come by. Anyone have PART #'s to the pigtails for the FPDM? I found one wiring diagram it is pretty helpful. Anyone have some more info? Does anyone still use a BAP with them or is duty cycle so low, they are unneeded? LDC guys feel free to chime in anytime



Kevin
__________________
2015 GMC Denali Druamax
-Delete and tuned

2016 Polaris RZR turbo

2017 Civic Touring
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 12:33 AM   #2
ExplorerThis's Avatar
Making 600rwhp w/warranty
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,245
Making 600rwhp w/warranty
 
ExplorerThis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,245
Casino cash: $4651400
0.40 per day
Default

I'm getttiing ready for my 2.8h install also, how much boost you going to run?I'm going 21 street and 23 for the track...I def need to go the dual fpdm route.
__________________
2013 BOSS 302 GHIG-SOLD
2013 Shelby Gt500 DIB w/black stripes-SOLD
2003 Black KB Cobra-SOLD
2006 Black C6 Z06 - SOLD
2006 Red SRT-10 Viper -SOLD
2014 BMW HP4. - CURRENT
2011 BMW S1000rr - CURRENT
ExplorerThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:36 AM   #3
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default

23-25 street...
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
ExplorerThis's Avatar
Making 600rwhp w/warranty
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,245
Making 600rwhp w/warranty
 
ExplorerThis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,245
Casino cash: $4651400
0.40 per day
Default

You def don't need the boost a pump....I know lyle and dan know the rest of this shit by heart....
ExplorerThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:11 AM   #5
Zack's Avatar
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
4 Doors 4 Life
 
Zack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NW Indiana
Posts: 6,295
Casino cash: $8049900
1.12 per day
Default

Just buy the harness already made....
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f...ess-83749.html

RWTD has one as well.
__________________
03 Marauder Whipple 3.4 [email protected] 715rwhp/655rwtq
03 Blue Marauder TurboCharged 620rwhp/626rwtq
93 Town Car 4V/Whipple 2.9 700rhwp/606rwtq
03 Black Marauder DD
1959 Cadillac!
Zack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 06:06 PM   #6
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExplorerThis View Post
You def don't need the boost a pump....I know lyle and dan know the rest of this shit by heart....
Yeah, im waiting for the LDC crew to chime in here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zack View Post
Just buy the harness already made....
http://www.modularfords.com/forums/f...ess-83749.html

RWTD has one as well.
Yeah, those are $350, I no you can make one for under $100

$350 - $100 = $250 for beer money

Kevin
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 07:05 PM   #7
ITSQUIK's Avatar
Big Trouble in Little China
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,602
Big Trouble in Little China
 
ITSQUIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,602
Casino cash: $8017600
0.50 per day
Default

Great thread!!! I am wanting to do this "Dual FPDM" thing as well. I would like to NOT need my BAP if I dont really need it. That way I can SELL it!!

Maybe we can get some kind of Multiple Purchase Discount??

Keep the posts coming!!
ITSQUIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 11:03 PM   #8
Dana's Avatar
Bluesmobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Bluesmobile
 
Dana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Casino cash: $4610000
0.46 per day
Default

I hate to burst your bubble, but the parts for just the harness are right at $100 our cost.
That doesn't include FPDMs, just the wiring for the pumps and the harness for the dual FPDMs. That also doesn't include the build time.

You can run dual stock FPDMs with the GT pump or Focus pumps, or stock Cobra pumps for that matter. Although they are really only required with the GT pumps.
You can skip the BAP. Really isn't necessary with the GT pumps.
Anything smaller and I would still use the BAP.

And that is just the inside of the tank.

You'll also need larger lines and a larger filter to take advantage of the GT pumps.

Dan
__________________
Whipple Tuned by HBH, Raptor Shift Light, BilletFlow stuff, Solid Axle w/3.73, etc, etc, etc...
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:12 PM   #9
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I hate to burst your bubble, but the parts for just the harness are right at $100 our cost.
That doesn't include FPDMs, just the wiring for the pumps and the harness for the dual FPDMs. That also doesn't include the build time.

You can run dual stock FPDMs with the GT pump or Focus pumps, or stock Cobra pumps for that matter. Although they are really only required with the GT pumps.
You can skip the BAP. Really isn't necessary with the GT pumps.
Anything smaller and I would still use the BAP.

And that is just the inside of the tank.

You'll also need larger lines and a larger filter to take advantage of the GT pumps.

Dan

Dan,

I'm well awear of everything need to get this done GT pumps, top hat, lines, built time etc etc. Do you have any more info on making up the dual harness? Lenth of wire, Part number for the pigtail. etc?

Kevin
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:44 PM   #10
Dana's Avatar
Bluesmobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Bluesmobile
 
Dana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Casino cash: $4610000
0.46 per day
Default

I don't know the part numbers. They are all Ford pieces though. 2 of one and 1 of the other at $20 something each.

You also need 2 relays and 2 sockets for them.

The length of the wire is going to be dictated by how you locate them in the trunk, but the length is less than 24 inches.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 03:25 PM   #11
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
I don't know the part numbers. They are all Ford pieces though. 2 of one and 1 of the other at $20 something each.

You also need 2 relays and 2 sockets for them.

The length of the wire is going to be dictated by how you locate them in the trunk, but the length is less than 24 inches.
I'm a little confused on this " 2 of one and 1 of the other at $20 something each"

I'm guessing relay can be bought from radio shack etc...

Where is the best place to mount the sec. FPDM. I was thinking just to moung it right above the stocker.

What Gauge wire did you guys give me for the wiring upgrade for the BAP, If it is the correct size from the battery to the relays, I will just leave it.

Kevin
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:13 PM   #12
Dana's Avatar
Bluesmobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Bluesmobile
 
Dana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Casino cash: $4610000
0.46 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD SNAKE View Post
I'm a little confused on this " 2 of one and 1 of the other at $20 something each"
You need two plugs, one to connect to each of the two FPDMs, and one plug to connect to the original wiring harness that is in the trunk (the one that went to the original FPDM). Three plugs total.
They are over $20 each. If you get a deal on them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD SNAKE View Post
I'm guessing relay can be bought from radio shack etc...
Sure, if you trust their quality. I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD SNAKE View Post
Where is the best place to mount the sec. FPDM. I was thinking just to mounting it right above the stocker.
Kevin
That is what we have done. One above the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD SNAKE View Post
What Gauge wire did you guys give me for the wiring upgrade for the BAP, If it is the correct size from the battery to the relays, I will just leave it.
10 gauge wire. It is sufficient.


Dan
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #13
ITSQUIK's Avatar
Big Trouble in Little China
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,602
Big Trouble in Little China
 
ITSQUIK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 2,602
Casino cash: $8017600
0.50 per day
Default

Dan -

Two questions:

1. Would a guy NEED to retune the car after this type of fuel mod??

2. Can someone order this stuff from you guys and then schedule a time to bring the car by and have it all knocked out in one day???
ITSQUIK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:54 PM   #14
Dana's Avatar
Bluesmobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Bluesmobile
 
Dana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Casino cash: $4610000
0.46 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03CobraBoy View Post
Dan -

Two questions:

1. Would a guy NEED to retune the car after this type of fuel mod??
If you go to GT pumps, the fuel pump tables are different and should be adjusted. Not a big deal for a competent tuner. (not me)

Other pumps, no retuning is required.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03CobraBoy View Post
2. Can someone order this stuff from you guys and then schedule a time to bring the car by and have it all knocked out in one day???
Depends on what stuff you had in mind and how big a hurry you're in.
Dan
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:03 PM   #15
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
You need two plugs, one to connect to each of the two FPDMs, and one plug to connect to the original wiring harness that is in the trunk (the one that went to the original FPDM). Three plugs total.
They are over $20 each. If you get a deal on them.
So you need 3 plugs total. 2 "harness" plugs that plug in the FPDM and 1 plug that is in a FPDM (can you buy just the plug that is into the FPDM) .

Where would I go about getting a good quilaty relay?

Kevin
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #16
Dana's Avatar
Bluesmobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Bluesmobile
 
Dana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Casino cash: $4610000
0.46 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD SNAKE View Post
So you need 3 plugs total. 2 "harness" plugs that plug in the FPDM and 1 plug that is in a FPDM (can you buy just the plug that is into the FPDM) .

Where would I go about getting a good quilaty relay?

Kevin
The plugs are sold individually, so you can buy which ever ones you want.

We get ours through an electronics supply house, but you could probably get good quality ones at a shop that installs high end auto stereo equipment.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #17
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
The plugs are sold individually, so you can buy which ever ones you want.

We get ours through an electronics supply house, but you could probably get good quality ones at a shop that installs high end auto stereo equipment.

Ok I got you on the plugs.

I'm looking for a 4 pin 30 amp relay with a 12 ga harness correct?? I looked around and having some problems finding a 4 pin relay & 12 ga harness connector.

Kevin
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:12 PM   #18
Dana's Avatar
Bluesmobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Bluesmobile
 
Dana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Casino cash: $4610000
0.46 per day
Default

The relay has 5 pins although you only use 4 of them. It is a SPDT 30/40 amp 12 volt relay. It is a standard automotive application cube relay. Typically they are one inch on a side. Some may have a bracket attached.
As I mentioned, try a stereo shop.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:45 PM   #19
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dana View Post
The relay has 5 pins although you only use 4 of them. It is a SPDT 30/40 amp 12 volt relay. It is a standard automotive application cube relay. Typically they are one inch on a side. Some may have a bracket attached.
As I mentioned, try a stereo shop.
Sweet, single pole double throw.... That's the kind of stuff im looking for.

Any pictures of what pins go where?

Any ideas on the 12 GA harness for them?

Kevin
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:07 PM   #20
Dana's Avatar
Bluesmobile
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Bluesmobile
 
Dana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,619
Casino cash: $4610000
0.46 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD SNAKE View Post
Sweet, single pole double throw.... That's the kind of stuff im looking for.

Any pictures of what pins go where?

Any ideas on the 12 GA harness for them?

Kevin
pic of relay and pin outs:

12 volt relay

The place that has the relays should be able to provide the harness/socket.
If they don't have the 2 heavier power wires, you can get new terminals and make your own.
Dana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:14 AM   #21
ShelbyGuy's Avatar
Turgid Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,231
Turgid Member
 
ShelbyGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,231
Casino cash: $4610000
0.93 per day
Default

Here's another link that might prove useful

and another
__________________
schnauzer power
ShelbyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 05:48 PM   #22
rdsnake's Avatar
formerly RD SNAKE
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
formerly RD SNAKE
 
rdsnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,526
Casino cash: $18297200
1.12 per day
Default

Thanks guys for the relay help. I'm going to order some parts tomorrow. Ill keep everyone updated.

Kevin
rdsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts