• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Lfp Boom!

TwoTonedRoush

Oct 6, 2006
I wake up one morning and decide to take my cobra to work, like much of you I'm sure have. While on the way to work I hear a loud pop and all I could say was wtf. I pull over and pop the hood and look around, theres antifreeze every where. I look high and low trying to find where it was coming from but couldn't tell, so I have the car towed home and drive my other car to work. Yes I was late. When I get off I put more antifreeze in the car to see where its coming from. Any guesses? My LFP aluminum radiator reservoir blew the fk up! the bottom blew away from the top which it used to be tig welded to. The car didn't come with a factory reservoir because I bought it wrecked so now my car is curently undriveable. I just can't beleive this happened, its been on the car for 800miles and to come apart now? Well just check out the pic.

Attachments

• picture_1.jpg
    picture_1.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 133

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Price should almost never be a deciding factor in a parts purchase. These were probably made in China or somewhere similar.
I am not a fan of LFP and there is some history there, but this was a knock off of a really high quality product several years back and it looks like it is starting to catch up to them. This isn't the only one that has blown from what I gather, reading other forums.

You're probably better off with the stock piece.

Dana

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
Price should almost never be a deciding factor in a parts purchase. These were probably made in China or somewhere similar.
I am not a fan of LFP and there is some history there, but this was a knock off of a really high quality product several years back and it looks like it is starting to catch up to them. This isn't the only one that has blown from what I gather, reading other forums.

You're probably better off with the stock piece.

Dana

+1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info