• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Do I need a tune yet?

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
You can open the hood and look at 435HP which you have now with a CB & CAI, but you could also be looking at another 40HP with a tune, however, for 700.00 frikn dollars I'd wait, that's just ridiculous, UNLESS, you can cut a deal for additional adjustments at 100.00-150.00 per for the future, such as a pulley and so on.
Tunes are typicaly $300.00 so just do the 2.76 pulley and get it over with....you'll be amazed.
Then at your next clutch get the blower ported, coolant mod, intercooler mods, D&D 26 spine input shaft, better clutch and freshen up the tune and bam 500 at the wheels.

shanker

Amateur Expert
Mar 14, 2004
The stock tune is pig rich. If you want to be sure just get a couple pulls on a dyno somewhere. That will tell you your A/F ratio. Check to see when the next dyno day is and sign up. I'd save the tune for when you get more mods or if there is an issue that the pull shows.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info