• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Kb Plenum

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
So i was checking out the plenum on the KB, and I noticed there are 2 weld or burr marks on the inside. I know this is how it comes from KB, but what do you guy that have already made the swap reccomend port it and do a little polish inside the plenum for better air flow or just leave it? Will it make a difference? Its the Big oval plenum. Has anyone ground one down? :dunno:

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
KB recommends leaving there stuff alone, but this doesn't mean improvements can't be made. I've searched modfords a couple of times and haven't found many people bold enough to do this. I'd really like to see if it's possible. For the 2V guys the KB1.7 maxes out at around 14psi and is pulling nearly 4" of vac meaning it's working twice as hard as it should. Porting the TB might drop that vac # back down to 2" where it's most effiecient. FWIW...one of the things I read on modfords is that 1" of vac was equivalent to nearly 20hp.

FuelSlut

FK RED STAR
Nov 9, 2005
01GTvert said:
KB recommends leaving there stuff alone, but this doesn't mean improvements can't be made. I've searched modfords a couple of times and haven't found many people bold enough to do this. I'd really like to see if it's possible. For the 2V guys the KB1.7 maxes out at around 14psi and is pulling nearly 4" of vac meaning it's working twice as hard as it should. Porting the TB might drop that vac # back down to 2" where it's most effiecient. FWIW...one of the things I read on modfords is that 1" of vac was equivalent to nearly 20hp.
Interesting....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• FuelSlut
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list