• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Cobra overheated yesterday

Kegger

Addict
Jun 23, 2005
I was sitting in bumper-to-bumper traffic yesterday when I noticed my temp gauge started to rise. Then I get all this smoke come out of the hood and I knew right away that my coolant had boiled over. So I pulled to the side of the road and pop the hood. Sure enough, the coolant had come through the overflow tank and spewed all over the place.

Now I know that the factory cap is rated at like 16 psi but that doesn't seem to want to hold the coolant and steam the way it should. Is there a really good aftermarket cap that can do a better job than our factory setup?

hazmat404

Addict
Apr 26, 2005
the factory should hold up plenty i believe. i would pull the thermostat and make sure it isnt stuck. any new cars nowadays has stuff thats rated way past what is needed so i doubt keeping more pressure in while more heat is being generated anyways is going to solve anything. im gonna say its the easiest answer and thats the thermo

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• K
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list