• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Are the really worth it?

VENOMOUS98

Regular
May 30, 2004
Mike,

I am running both cams and ported heads on my '98 4v motor that is set-up N/A. You will get good gains from both and are not a problem to set-up on the new motor. I am running FR500 Cams that are a good N/A cam, but with your supercharger comp or crower makes a good cam for your motor. One of the Mustang magazines tested a '97 Cobra with a built motor and a vortech blower and by adding cams to it gained 30-35rwhp alone. Add in ported heads and that goes up another 20-25rwhp for that alone. On your car you will gain alot more than I did, because of the blower. It is a good thing to do, except for the cost of it.

Thanks,

Chris

VENOMOUS98

Regular
May 30, 2004
Shane97Cobra said:
If your goal is 550-600 RWHP you don't need the cams to do that. The B heads (96-98) don't need much port work for blowers. The exhaust side needs it more than the intake side.

I agree with Shane97Cobra, that you can get away not having cams on the car. The heads flow great on the intake side, just a clean up port job would take care of that. But on the exhaust side the ports on '96-'98 heads are oval and not rectanglar like the '03 Cobra heads. That is why you need to have that side fully ported and shaped for the exhaust side to flow better and get the gases out quicker.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info