• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Full boost, but no power...

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
When driving around the last couple days, if I hit it pretty hard in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear the car pulls real nice. If I kick it into 4th and just ease into it instead of continuing to go WOT, the car has a major hesitation where it's just a dog for a second or 2, and the boost goes all the way up to around 17psi or so, and then comes back down to vaccuum again. Is this just the boost bypass, or is this fugged up? I thought I swapped the lines to get rid of the boost bypass when I had my 2.76 on the Eaton, so that's why I'm a little confused... :dunno:

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
DSG03COBRA said:
When driving around the last couple days, if I hit it pretty hard in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear the car pulls real nice. If I kick it into 4th and just ease into it instead of continuing to go WOT, the car has a major hesitation where it's just a dog for a second or 2, and the boost goes all the way up to around 17psi or so, and then comes back down to vaccuum again. Is this just the boost bypass, or is this fugged up? I thought I swapped the lines to get rid of the boost bypass when I had my 2.76 on the Eaton, so that's why I'm a little confused... :dunno:

I have the same thing some times im not sure if it has something to do with the warmer weather or what? Maybe someone will chime in on this :p

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
DSG03COBRA said:
Matt,

Am I reading this right? The car comes down to vacuum with your foot deep in the throttle?

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
gnxs said:
Matt,

Am I reading this right? The car comes down to vacuum with your foot deep in the throttle?

Hey Larry... no, after WOT in 1, 2 and 3, I shift into 4th, but don't give it full gas anymore. At that point w/ maybe 1/4 throttle, the boost gauge goes real high for a second, and then comes back to normal. Due to the hesitation, I'm sure I take my foot off the gas and the boost comes back into the "normal" vaccuum pressure you'd see when just coasting...

And Kevin... no, I don't have the PPRV removed yet. I know that'll cause a pretty bad hesitation when shifting if you don't keep on the gas at least a little bit to keep the pressure up, but this is a little different since the boost goes all the way up...

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
DSG03COBRA said:
Hey Larry... no, after WOT in 1, 2 and 3, I shift into 4th, but don't give it full gas anymore. At that point w/ maybe 1/4 throttle, the boost gauge goes real high for a second, and then comes back to normal. Due to the hesitation, I'm sure I take my foot off the gas and the boost comes back into the "normal" vaccuum pressure you'd see when just coasting...

And Kevin... no, I don't have the PPRV removed yet. I know that'll cause a pretty bad hesitation when shifting if you don't keep on the gas at least a little bit to keep the pressure up, but this is a little different since the boost goes all the way up...
That's a pretty weird problem that I don't remember ever hearing about. Sounds like something that might be boost bypass related. :dunno: Next time we meet up we can compare the vacuum line routing on both our cars.

You might want to throw it out there on ModFords.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info