• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

I think my IRS threw up!!

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
While looking under the back of the car to see if the tires were rubbing at all since I thought I heard a little noise on the way home.

I noticed that that there is green liquid shit all over the place.

I didnt jack the car up but with a flashlight and sliding under it as best I could, I noticed that the passenger side axle "boot" is torn all to hell. Plus there is more green shit coming from there.

So if anyone has any suggestions on what they think this may be and how hard it is to fix, it would be very much appreciated.

I hope I didnt ruin anything else by driving the shit out of it to the track, at the track, and home from the track. :confused:

FUNDAD

Big Trouble in Little China
Apr 6, 2005
Thanks John!!

I swear to God I am done with this car. I am seriously thinking about selling it after I fix this new problem, demod the shit out of it and then sell it, or trade it for something else.

I think I might get a 06-07 Mustang GT Convertable and just leave it alone. Have it be a cruiser for my 3 1/2 year old and I until my 3 month old gets older and he can cruise in it to.

I think I may be done with this Cobra!!!

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
03CobraBoy said:
Thanks John!!

I swear to God I am done with this car. I am seriously thinking about selling it after I fix this new problem, demod the shit out of it and then sell it, or trade it for something else.

I think I might get a 06-07 Mustang GT Convertable and just leave it alone. Have it be a cruiser for my 3 1/2 year old and I until my 3 month old gets older and he can cruise in it to.

Yep, sounds like a bad axle shaft. If you getting rid of the car, would you be willing to part ways with those nice Level 5's? :p

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
03CobraBoy said:
Thanks John!!

A bad CV boot is no reason to sell....chill Dude, it's just a dust cover filled with greese. Stay away from Rockford Boots, I think that's what DSS uses and they suck, get a better brand and you'll be fine, it's a simple repair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info