• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

car is breaking up need some advice

Mar 12, 2007
ok here we go having some problems with the car lately its breaking up on me every time i go into high boost, the pulley setup is 2.93 on the top and 4 on the bottom thats on stage 4 ported eaton, i dont know why but the boost goes all the way up to 20psi, the car has full exhaust thats why im suprised of the boost numbers, i change my plugs but its keep on doing the same thing, i even drop the gas tank today and removed the pprv, no change, could the boost bypass valve be broken, any ideas ?

MGT2002 said:
then learn from your mistakes and get it tuned properly :dunno:
the tune could be right cause the car does have a diblosport custom tune in it and i checked the air fuel ratio with a wide band and it look good. maybe its a ignition problem or something. i thought maybe some one had a same problem. i was asking for suggestions not some smart ass comments!!!!!!!!

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
well then heres my suggestion. take it to a good speed shop that knows what they're doing with these cars (consult one of the many sponsors of this site). have them throw it on the dyno, check the air/fuel, and datalog it and if somethings wrong see if they can correct it in the tune, i.e. have it custom tuned. if that doesnt solve the issue then it is an actual problem with your motor but i'm betting its not

Shane97Cobra

Addict
Apr 27, 2005
03SonicBlueSNAKE said:
the tune could be right cause the car does have a diblosport custom tune in it and i checked the air fuel ratio with a wide band and it look good. maybe its a ignition problem or something. i thought maybe some one had a same problem. i was asking for suggestions not some smart ass comments!!!!!!!!

Just because the A/F looks good doesn't mean the tune doesn't have too much timing. While the breaking up might not be related at all. Spending the $600 on the custom tune might save you a lot more on a shortblock later.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
03SonicBlueSNAKE said:
it has a diablo sport tune but it was never on the dyno
no datalog
focus pumps and mafia
and is breaking up
You're using the "canned" Diablo tune???? If so, you need to get a custom tune for it right away.

What I highlighted above should never be the case on a car with you mods. And Focus Pumps might not be enough to support your boost level with a ported blower.

A datalog of your FPDC (among other parameters) would be helpful.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
03SonicBlueSNAKE said:
It's not a smart ass comment by MGT2002, it's a legitimate suggestion. A cobra with a Ported Blower running 16+ psi, needs a custom tune by a tuner very familiar with these cars.

And if somehow you're really getting 20 psi and are running 93 octane, depending on the timing you may have already hurt something.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
You need to put that thing on a dyno ASAP. You have completely modified everything about that car, from the amount of boost, to the amount of fuel. The chances that you were able to get a "canned" tune to correct for all those issues is about none. I'm not trying to be a smart ass either. You asked for solutions and are lying to yourself about the most probable cause because of what it will cost you to resolve.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info