• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

F**kin exhaust leak

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Sounds like another case of the Spacer causing issues again. If you look at it you will see a factory spacer, that is whats causing your Pipe not to sit and mount fully imo.

The way I flixed mine and my friends with the same isssue was to remove that stud with that spacer on it and get a fully threaded bolt to replace it with. For some reason this spacer does not like aftermarket exhust. This was done on my 99 and my friends 01 so if you got that thing on your car chances are its the slut thats screwing ya.

I wouldnt play around with exhust muds, sealers extra gaskets when all your doing is masking the issue imo. Chances are you will be back under there once it fails again. Look to see if you have that spacer ony our Term!

I have a buddy who owns a muffler shop so if you need to get your car on a lift and have it done right for cheap pm me and I will give you his info.

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
Yeah man that gasket is total bullshit. It doesn't help that MAC products fit like shit....Id replace the gasket and try to get the midpipe as close to the header as you can. Try putting a floor jack under the midpipe. I fixed this problem by using MAC LT's now a have 2 exhaust leaks...Fuckin Mac blows...NEVER again...

Kevin

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
noavgcobra said:
i cant remember installing it. might have to order one from mac thanks for reminding me about that piece..

Remember we put that piece in my car? I later found out that it needed to be there for the cobra. I also bet that if you do have it installed, then maybe its all spread out and needs to be replaced to make a better seal. Let me know if you are gonna mess with it. I'd love to help, and I do take check or CC for my services....

:laughing2

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info