• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Just doing a little homework here.....

StAnGbAnGeR

Apr 5, 2007
Ok, so here goes. I've got an 86GT, picked up as a roller, and have decided that I want to do a 4.6 4v setup. I plan on going single or twin turbo with the car with a built c4 and a big stahl. I've narrowed it down to staying fuel injected, but since I have NO electronics or wiring in this car at all, I'm turning to F.A.S.T for the XFI system. So here's a few questions I need to ask you MOD motor guys.

-Have any of you delt with a FAST system on a mod motor, and how well were the tuning capabilites?

-I don't even know where to start as far as exhaust for this project, any suggestions?

-I'm aiming for a sub 9 second, fully streetable car, is this going to be attainable on a 4.6 4v with a moderate of boost?

-I know the 4v motors are a 6 bolt main (correct me if I'm wrong), how much boost can they actually handle?

-And lastly, gearing. I'm thinking 3:55 b/c the boost should make up for the lower gear, I would think that 3:73 would be pushing it with the c4 as far as running out of gear.

What do you guys think. I've made up my made that this is the way I want to go, but just need to further tweek the idea.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
StAnGbAnGeR said:
Ok, so here goes. I've got an 86GT, picked up as a roller, and have decided that I want to do a 4.6 4v setup. I plan on going single or twin turbo with the car with a built c4 and a big stahl. I've narrowed it down to staying fuel injected, but since I have NO electronics or wiring in this car at all, I'm turning to F.A.S.T for the XFI system. So here's a few questions I need to ask you MOD motor guys.

-Have any of you delt with a FAST system on a mod motor, and how well were the tuning capabilites?

-I don't even know where to start as far as exhaust for this project, any suggestions?

-I'm aiming for a sub 9 second, fully streetable car, is this going to be attainable on a 4.6 4v with alot of boost?

-And lastly, gearing. I'm thinking 3:55 b/c the boost should make up for the lower gear, I would think that 3:73 would be pushing it with the c4 as far as running out of gear.

What do you guys think. I've made up my made that this is the way I want to go, but just need to further tweek the idea.

Danimal is your guy...:cool2:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• S
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list