• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

how many Hp & tq???

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
ILLINI-SVT said:
Numbers below were with a Bassani, Steeda intake, 2.8 and RWTD tune, on a Mustang dyno. I didn't think the 2.8 was that different, unless it's because of the Mustang dyno???

Someone else can chime in, but I was informed a Mustang Dyno reads approx. 10% less rwhp/rwtq as than a DynoJet.

Each car is different as with each dyno. Heck, a dyno might not even be calibrated correctly.

A dynos number #1 purpose is for tuning, then the rwhp/rwtq numbers are a added bonus. What matters is what the car does at the track.

Dave

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
erdal... you should be fine with the tune.. just throw it on a dyno to verify a/f..

as far as mustang dynos, i tuned 15 cars this past weekend in Indy on a mustang dyno and it read 10% higher then a dyno jet.. its all in the calibration...

will do sir.

i just got back from track. 11.88@119mph w/ 1.75 60'
air sucked because it was around 2400ft above the sea level.

can anybody calculate the D/A for today at 6pm for union grove, WI?

thanks.

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
doodad said:
will do sir.

i just got back from track. 11.88@119mph w/ 1.75 60'
air sucked because it was around 2400ft above the sea level.

can anybody calculate the D/A for today at 6pm for union grove, WI?

thanks.
The DA was 1959 at 6PM, based on this info I found and plugged into a calculator:

Track Elevation - 715 feet
Temp - 76 degrees
Dew Point - 45 degrees
Barometer - 30.05

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
gnxs said:
The DA was 1959 at 6PM, based on this info I found and plugged into a calculator:

Track Elevation - 715 feet
Temp - 76 degrees
Dew Point - 45 degrees
Barometer - 30.05

THANKS. Iguess my time is ok according to almost 2000ft D/A.

I looked for you after my first run Larry but couldn't see you anywhere. How did you do?

It was very nice to meeting you and thanks for the advice:)

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
doodad said:
THANKS. Iguess my time is ok according to almost 2000ft D/A.

I looked for you after my first run Larry but couldn't see you anywhere. How did you do?

It was very nice to meeting you and thanks for the advice:)
I've been having shifting issues since the new trans went in (I still suspect it's the clutch). On my 2nd pass I couldn't find 2nd.....twice, so I figured I wouldn't waste my time making any more passes until I get this issue figured out.

Nice meeting you Tuesday. Keep at it, you'll get where you want to go. Practice, Practice, Practice. :biggthump You've got an 11.6 or so in it just by getting your 60 ft. down to where it should be with those tires...which is the 1.5's.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
gnxs said:
I've been having shifting issues since the new trans went in (I still suspect it's the clutch). On my 2nd pass I couldn't find 2nd.....twice, so I figured I wouldn't waste my time making any more passes until I get this issue figured out.

Nice meeting you Tuesday. Keep at it, you'll get where you want to go. Practice, Practice, Practice. :biggthump You've got an 11.6 or so in it just by getting your 60 ft. down to where it should be with those tires...which is the 1.5's.

There was racing at the track and I wasnt invited, cmon Larry, give a brotha a courtesy call..... :D

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
firstsvt said:
There was racing at the track and I wasnt invited, cmon Larry, give a brotha a courtesy call..... :D
Actually I had you in mind, but after what Victor and Carl said you went through last trip to GLD, I figured you wouldn't be going back right away.

It was a last second decision, but I should have dropped ya a line. Sorry Jason.

I think I'm more frustrated with my shifting issues than you are breaking parts.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
gnxs said:
Actually I had you in mind, but after what Victor and Carl said you went through last trip to GLD, I figured you wouldn't be going back right away.

It was a last second decision, but I should have dropped ya a line. Sorry Jason.

I think I'm more frustrated with my shifting issues than you are breaking parts.

yeah, my skinny is still stuck on my car.... :(

i was just giving you a hard time :D sorry to hear of your trans/clutch issues, i wouldnt be real happy either after putting that trans in there

Dragon03

Super hated on
Mar 28, 2007
:spaz: :spaz: :spaz:
Blood on Blood said:
Someone else can chime in, but I was informed a Mustang Dyno reads approx. 10% less rwhp/rwtq as than a DynoJet.

Each car is different as with each dyno. Heck, a dyno might not even be calibrated correctly.

A dynos number #1 purpose is for tuning, then the rwhp/rwtq numbers are a added bonus. What matters is what the car does at the track.

Dave

Yep awhile ago after a prior dyno with my car on a dynojet it was around 446hp i went to a different shop had some other stuff done and she put down 422hp i almost had a heart attack because i thought the guy killed my car :spaz: :spaz: :spaz:

doodad

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2006
Yeah the car has 11.6s in definetely. I honestly think i can run even 11.5s with better 60' and cooler air. (I always aim high:D) Air kinda sucked but we won't see any better all summer. I am sure right before the seasion is over around fall, i will run low 11s. i have a couple mods in mind and 0ft or - D/A will help a alot.

I wanna launch it hard and cut some good 60' but i just don't have big enough balls for that. Even though you said that i wouldn't break unless i hop, i still launched at 3k RPM:D if i would have trailer around, i would definetly cut a lot better 60'.

sorry to hear about your shifting issues, I hope it will get better soon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info