User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 11:55 AM   #1
doodad's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
 
doodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
Casino cash: $4610000
0.23 per day
Default how many Hp & tq???

i dynoed 435rwhp and 470rwtq with 2.76 pulley and steeda intake.

i just put mac O/R prochamber and Mac 2,5" catback, How many hp & tq should have now? I am not planning to put on a dyno anytime soon.

thanks.
__________________
2003 Zinc Yellowcobra (SOLD)
doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:33 PM   #2
hj16's Avatar
Tasty!
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Queens
Posts: 9,815
Tasty!
 
hj16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Queens
Posts: 9,815
Casino cash: $5467100
1.74 per day
Default

1st off, I hope you have a tune.

Secondly, with a good tune, you're probably around 460-465rwhp/490~rwtq
__________________
2003 Ebony Coupe

"I make no apologies for who I am, if someone doesnt like it they can fuck themselves, cause Im not gonna change."
hj16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #3
doodad's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
 
doodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
Casino cash: $4610000
0.23 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hj16
1st off, I hope you have a tune.

Secondly, with a good tune, you're probably around 460-465rwhp/490~rwtq
Oh i am sorry, i totally forgot to mention that.

My car is Custom tuned by Bob Kurgan.
doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:22 PM   #4
Wiked03's Avatar
CSVT OG
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 29,342
CSVT OG
 
Wiked03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 29,342
Casino cash: $4835900
5.19 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hj16
Secondly, with a good tune, you're probably around 460-465rwhp/490~rwtq
Wiked03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #5
ILLINI-SVT's Avatar
Member at Large
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,995
Member at Large
 
ILLINI-SVT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 1,995
Casino cash: $4617400
0.35 per day
Default

Numbers below were with a Bassani, Steeda intake, 2.8 and RWTD tune, on a Mustang dyno. I didn't think the 2.8 was that different, unless it's because of the Mustang dyno???
__________________
- Kevin -
Currently Fordless But I Will Be Back!!!
ILLINI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:32 PM   #6
cobraj's Avatar  
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,891
 
cobraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,891
Casino cash: $4944500
0.36 per day
Default

HP should be a little higher now. Did you ask Bob if he thinks you should at least get the a/f checked.
cobraj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:36 PM   #7
doodad's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
 
doodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
Casino cash: $4610000
0.23 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraj
HP should be a little higher now. Did you ask Bob if he thinks you should at least get the a/f checked.
I asked him when he tuned my car. He said he didn't think i would need new tune. He said you might wanna put the car on dyno to check but i should be OK.
doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:41 PM   #8
Blood on Blood's Avatar
rumble baby rumble
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36,015
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36,015
Casino cash: $216486300
6.86 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLINI-SVT
Numbers below were with a Bassani, Steeda intake, 2.8 and RWTD tune, on a Mustang dyno. I didn't think the 2.8 was that different, unless it's because of the Mustang dyno???
Someone else can chime in, but I was informed a Mustang Dyno reads approx. 10% less rwhp/rwtq as than a DynoJet.

Each car is different as with each dyno. Heck, a dyno might not even be calibrated correctly.

A dynos number #1 purpose is for tuning, then the rwhp/rwtq numbers are a added bonus. What matters is what the car does at the track.

Dave
__________________
Dave
17 Mustang GT
17 Pilot AWD
15 Elantra
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:14 PM   #9
Bob_Kurgan's Avatar
Flyin_Hawaiin
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,013
Flyin_Hawaiin
 
Bob_Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,013
Casino cash: $4611400
0.57 per day
Default

erdal... you should be fine with the tune.. just throw it on a dyno to verify a/f..

as far as mustang dynos, i tuned 15 cars this past weekend in Indy on a mustang dyno and it read 10% higher then a dyno jet.. its all in the calibration...
__________________
Built by Kurgan Motorsports
Tuned by Kurgan Motorsports
4.75 @ 152 on 275 D.R.

Living large in NE Georgia...
Bob_Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #10
Blood on Blood's Avatar
rumble baby rumble
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36,015
rumble baby rumble
 
Blood on Blood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 36,015
Casino cash: $216486300
6.86 per day
Default

There is your answer....


Dave
Blood on Blood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #11
doodad's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
 
doodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
Casino cash: $4610000
0.23 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
erdal... you should be fine with the tune.. just throw it on a dyno to verify a/f..

as far as mustang dynos, i tuned 15 cars this past weekend in Indy on a mustang dyno and it read 10% higher then a dyno jet.. its all in the calibration...
will do sir.

i just got back from track. [email protected] w/ 1.75 60'
air sucked because it was around 2400ft above the sea level.

can anybody calculate the D/A for today at 6pm for union grove, WI?

thanks.
doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:21 PM   #12
Tim's Avatar
Tim Tim is offline
I like girls that drink beer
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: America
Posts: 684
Tim
I like girls that drink beer
 
Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: America
Posts: 684
Casino cash: $7046100
0.15 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]
erdal... i tuned 15 cars this past weekend in Indy ...

You were at WFC?
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:12 AM   #13
gnxs's Avatar
Corn-Fed Goodness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,866
Corn-Fed Goodness
 
gnxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,866
Casino cash: $5391400
1.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodad
will do sir.

i just got back from track. [email protected] w/ 1.75 60'
air sucked because it was around 2400ft above the sea level.

can anybody calculate the D/A for today at 6pm for union grove, WI?

thanks.
The DA was 1959 at 6PM, based on this info I found and plugged into a calculator:

Track Elevation - 715 feet
Temp - 76 degrees
Dew Point - 45 degrees
Barometer - 30.05
gnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:53 AM   #14
doodad's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
 
doodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
Casino cash: $4610000
0.23 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnxs
The DA was 1959 at 6PM, based on this info I found and plugged into a calculator:

Track Elevation - 715 feet
Temp - 76 degrees
Dew Point - 45 degrees
Barometer - 30.05
THANKS. Iguess my time is ok according to almost 2000ft D/A.

I looked for you after my first run Larry but couldn't see you anywhere. How did you do?

It was very nice to meeting you and thanks for the advice
doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #15
Bob_Kurgan's Avatar
Flyin_Hawaiin
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,013
Flyin_Hawaiin
 
Bob_Kurgan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,013
Casino cash: $4611400
0.57 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergarbage
You were at WFC?
where did i say i was at WFC smartass?
Bob_Kurgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:09 AM   #16
gnxs's Avatar
Corn-Fed Goodness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,866
Corn-Fed Goodness
 
gnxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,866
Casino cash: $5391400
1.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodad
THANKS. Iguess my time is ok according to almost 2000ft D/A.

I looked for you after my first run Larry but couldn't see you anywhere. How did you do?

It was very nice to meeting you and thanks for the advice
I've been having shifting issues since the new trans went in (I still suspect it's the clutch). On my 2nd pass I couldn't find 2nd.....twice, so I figured I wouldn't waste my time making any more passes until I get this issue figured out.

Nice meeting you Tuesday. Keep at it, you'll get where you want to go. Practice, Practice, Practice. You've got an 11.6 or so in it just by getting your 60 ft. down to where it should be with those tires...which is the 1.5's.
gnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:27 AM   #17
JA$ON's Avatar
ching chong potato
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,332
ching chong potato
 
JA$ON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,332
Casino cash: $4746400
3.17 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnxs
I've been having shifting issues since the new trans went in (I still suspect it's the clutch). On my 2nd pass I couldn't find 2nd.....twice, so I figured I wouldn't waste my time making any more passes until I get this issue figured out.

Nice meeting you Tuesday. Keep at it, you'll get where you want to go. Practice, Practice, Practice. You've got an 11.6 or so in it just by getting your 60 ft. down to where it should be with those tires...which is the 1.5's.
There was racing at the track and I wasnt invited, cmon Larry, give a brotha a courtesy call.....
__________________
1990 MEGATRON

JA$ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:33 AM   #18
gnxs's Avatar
Corn-Fed Goodness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,866
Corn-Fed Goodness
 
gnxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,866
Casino cash: $5391400
1.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstsvt
There was racing at the track and I wasnt invited, cmon Larry, give a brotha a courtesy call.....
Actually I had you in mind, but after what Victor and Carl said you went through last trip to GLD, I figured you wouldn't be going back right away.

It was a last second decision, but I should have dropped ya a line. Sorry Jason.

I think I'm more frustrated with my shifting issues than you are breaking parts.
gnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:37 AM   #19
JA$ON's Avatar
ching chong potato
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,332
ching chong potato
 
JA$ON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 17,332
Casino cash: $4746400
3.17 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnxs
Actually I had you in mind, but after what Victor and Carl said you went through last trip to GLD, I figured you wouldn't be going back right away.

It was a last second decision, but I should have dropped ya a line. Sorry Jason.

I think I'm more frustrated with my shifting issues than you are breaking parts.
yeah, my skinny is still stuck on my car....

i was just giving you a hard time sorry to hear of your trans/clutch issues, i wouldnt be real happy either after putting that trans in there
JA$ON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:39 AM   #20
Dragon03's Avatar
Super hated on
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27,350
Super hated on
 
Dragon03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 27,350
Casino cash: $5761600
6.04 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blood on Blood
Someone else can chime in, but I was informed a Mustang Dyno reads approx. 10% less rwhp/rwtq as than a DynoJet.

Each car is different as with each dyno. Heck, a dyno might not even be calibrated correctly.

A dynos number #1 purpose is for tuning, then the rwhp/rwtq numbers are a added bonus. What matters is what the car does at the track.

Dave
Yep awhile ago after a prior dyno with my car on a dynojet it was around 446hp i went to a different shop had some other stuff done and she put down 422hp i almost had a heart attack because i thought the guy killed my car
__________________
2003 Redfire Cobra
2.3 Whipple @ 17lbs
567hp/560tq

Let the haters be haters
Dragon03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #21
gnxs's Avatar
Corn-Fed Goodness
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,866
Corn-Fed Goodness
 
gnxs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 8,866
Casino cash: $5391400
1.59 per day
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstsvt
yeah, my skinny is still stuck on my car....

i was just giving you a hard time sorry to hear of your trans/clutch issues, i wouldnt be real happy either after putting that trans in there
...and unfortunately Hans is all booked up until MSC or I'd have him replace the clutch.
gnxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:57 AM   #22
shanker's Avatar
Amateur Expert
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,715
Amateur Expert
 
shanker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 2,715
Casino cash: $4610000
0.48 per day
Default

Quote:
I'd have him replace the clutch.
Bring it by my job Larry and I can change it. We won't even need to jack it up. I can go straight through the top with a cutting torch! I make no guarantees about the drivability though.
shanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:21 AM   #23
doodad's Avatar  
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
 
doodad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,061
Casino cash: $4610000
0.23 per day
Default

Yeah the car has 11.6s in definetely. I honestly think i can run even 11.5s with better 60' and cooler air. (I always aim high) Air kinda sucked but we won't see any better all summer. I am sure right before the seasion is over around fall, i will run low 11s. i have a couple mods in mind and 0ft or - D/A will help a alot.

I wanna launch it hard and cut some good 60' but i just don't have big enough balls for that. Even though you said that i wouldn't break unless i hop, i still launched at 3k RPM if i would have trailer around, i would definetly cut a lot better 60'.

sorry to hear about your shifting issues, I hope it will get better soon.
doodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.6 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
no new posts