• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

'03 cobra radio wiring question

Unistang

Mar 24, 2007
I'm trying to hard wire this satalite radio in the car and i need to know which radio wire is the ignition power wire (turns on and off with the car). Anybody know the color coding for this? or have any idea of other wires to tap into. I think the cig lighter stays on all the time or else i'd use that.

Also, never taken the radio out of this particular car... any tips? Old fords were a beeze.

Thanks,
Nick :dunno:

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
1.) take lighter and melt rubber off wire a couple inches away from connector.
2.) strip wire to be attatched about 1/2" and twist aroun newly exposed portion.
3.) solder all connections, then wrap in either tape or cut heat shrink and slip it over the connection.
4.) plug it in, enjoy.

here's a pic of the connector for the radio.

radio.gif

2nd pin from the right, bottow row. That's the wire you want.

FYI: You can also use the power source for your traction control/defrost/fog lights.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• U
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list